Lowrance Trails and Distacnce Trravelled

VViCKiD

I have the Elite 5 combo. I assume the software logic for this function is the same for both the 5 & 7.

In checking the manual , which at times can leave a lot to be desired , there is info regarding trails but nothing relating to distance.

I suspect the trails function is just that , ie to show where you have been which then allows you to retrace your course. The distance traveled is not really relevent hence it is not an available function.

Could be wrong , will be interesting to see what others have to say.

Geoff

I'm not sure how to get the distance off a trail but I have the same sounder as you.

Before I turn the sounder off after a day trolling I go to settings - trip computer - then to the far right today button and it will give you distance traveled there.

I'm sure there will be other ways but this works for me.

Daniel

Should be similar on the HDS. On the elite 7 you can customise the chart plotter screen to show all sorts of data and trip distance is one of them. All trips are stored and can be downloaded on Garmin base camp or Garmin mapsource. Its a bit of mucking around between lowrance and Garmin software but its worth it and its free. If you are keen, please let me me know and ill post up details.

I'm just adding something different in here.

If you have a smart phone or iPad, consider getting the Navionics app. It gives you back up. Allows you to have a second screen on the boat, I generally keep the lowrance in sounder mode and the IPad on Maps.

More to the point though, you can look at the trip info at home, in the lounge room, or the office, or stuck on a train etc. and it's cheap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

post-9465-14057323912422_thumb.jpg

That sounds like a great idea Ian. One question I have is does the navionics map interface with the sounder some how? Does it require mobile phone reception or something? would b awesome to have a larger screen!

Hey mate, not sure why you would need Navionics on a mobile or tablet when you own a HDS 7? Better off buying Navionics for the HDS 7 and maybe as a backup on the mobile. The HDS is still records trails without Navionics.

Sent from my RM-875_apac_australia_new_zealand_243 using Tapatalk

of course u can i have same sounder look at yr options for screen setups ive got like 4 that i switch between all day long side by side dsi + normal sounder , full normal sounder , half gps/ sounder so u can mark spots as u are in moving , etc

of course as well onscreen options like trip ,fuel range ,temp, volts dont forget u can always zoom in on either side of the split screens as well ,have a good read of manual and sit and play with for a few hrs ,i also like the enter gps spots keyboard u use i changed it to qwerty keyboard so its the same as pc makes entering heaps of gps spots and naming super quick .

• 3 years later...

Sorry to bump up on an old thread but this is kinda related.

I have an Elite 7 Ti and I'm trying to figure out how to setup my chart so that after I click on a waypoint and select "Go to Waypoint X" it tells me the distance remaining until I arrive. 

I've gone through the manual three times. Surely there's got to be a way to do it. Anyone know?

EDIT: I figured it out, in case someone else wants to know:

Press power key, then edit overlay, then add, navigation, distance to desgination then save. 

Edited by Smasher