Home made snapper racks

thefisherman6784

Hi guys

Today at school, me and sydfisher were talking at school about the hairtail social (I'm aloud to come sydfisher and if the swordies wouldn't mind, can you add a +1 next to sydfishers name). Anyway, we were talking and sydfisher wanted to buy some snapper racks for the social but I just said I can make some and sydfisher is gonna try to. This is what it looks like.

u2ete5eb.jpg

a2eru3as.jpg9a9urudu.jpg

2anyryge.jpg

What I did was cut some PVC pipe into small pieces and nailed the onto a rectangular piece of ply wood.

sybu9u7u.jpg

zutyqudu.jpg

Nothing to special but still I'm happy with it.

Now I've just got to make a pole going down so I can put it into the rod holder.

Also planning on making another one tomorrow or the day after. Not to hard to make. Took about an hour or an hour and a half.

I you guys want more detailed steps, don't be afraid to ask.

Cheers thefisherman6784

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

please excuse my ignorance

whats a snapper rack?

something to put snapper rods in?

snapper rack were originally use for snapper I think in Melbourne they are deigned to go into the single flush mounted rod holders to allow to have multiple baits set out at once there great for a array of fish and because the rods are horizontally mounted for a better gook up in the rod holder also to set many different types of bait at once

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just made a few adjustments

1st. Got new PVC pipe which is thinner an fits in the rod holder perfectly

2nd. Got new ply wood

3rd. Put harps of screws

In total, 12 screws on one rack and same on the other and the curved joints for the pole to go into the original rod holder is glued with special plumbing glue

I was there when my dad made it and when we went to bunnings and it is better than I thought it was going to be

My dad is also a builder which is also a huge advantage and cause we are renovating our house now, we had all the tools at home which made it a lot easier.

Looks great

a5usa4ys.jpg

Tested on my hobie

This is the bottom of it

uqa5yda9.jpg

Looks great

Hope your happy sydfisher

It works great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk