Big Bluefin on 15kg

Great fish on 15kg!!!! Was caught on the troll, just inside Heatons Hill right on dusk. Fight time was 15 minutes!!!!!!! Knowing how hard this crew fish I am not surprised!!!....... Lure was a "Tantrum" Tuna Bullet.

Great fish on 15kg!!!! Was caught on the troll, just inside Heatons Hill right on dusk. Fight time was 15 minutes!!!!!!! Knowing how hard this crew fish I am not surprised!!!....... Lure was a "Tantrum" Tuna Bullet.

Wow!!!! Don't worry about the Aust women's record. Is that the record for the quickest landing of a fish that size???

Cheers scratchie!!!

Yep.....I stand corrected.....sorry to all.......gamefishing grapevine got me again......... If you want to see how hard the "Tantrum" crew go on a fish.... Check out Youtube....... "Port Hacking 100 Cockpit Chaos"

30mins sounds feasible with an experienced crew.

I don't doubt that they caught in 35 minutes if that's what that say.

But if anyone thinks they'd have a reasonable chance at doing the same thing they are totally off.....they were extremely lucky to just land the fish on 15KG.

That makes a mockery of my two hours plus bust off...... now even more depressed.

Well done to Karen and Tantrum.

Don't feel bad I just told my 'hooked Up' fishing partner who busted off after 2.5 hours plus he's a wuss

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

srollo, obviously you are unaware of Karens talents. Tiddles has a number of world records under her belt. She is president of SGFC and her husband Glen is a past presso.

They are well known for light tackle fishing so a fish that size on 15 is not hard for them to do in 35min, considering they can tag and release a marlin in a minute. When you have a crew and skipper that work well together and have done so for more years than you would of spent at school experience counts. If you still don't believe it it's on video.

srollo, obviously you are unaware of Karens talents. Tiddles has a number of world records under her belt. She is president of SGFC and her husband Glen is a past presso.

They are well known for light tackle fishing so a fish that size on 15 is not hard for them to do in 35min, considering they can tag and release a marlin in a minute. When you have a crew and skipper that work well together and have done so for more years than you would of spent at school experience counts. If you still don't believe it it's on video.

If yr aware of that then you should also be aware of crews feeding a fish to the boat just above a gaff whilst getting fed super lite tackle in his mouth. Just for the record in the past. I think that is bull.

I think all fast catches deserve questioning. 35 mins is not one of them. I think that was a combo of a good fisherman, team and a lucky run on the fish. 15kg is the breaking strain so drag would not be been more than 10 to 12kg. Not much to hold back on a beast like that. Infact the luck is the low drag. Fish would've maybe stayed on the surface without diving because prolly didn't really feel in trouble. Next step is to chase it down. Hit the drag hard as it gets close to catch up and if luck played their way which it did they'd gaff it green. That's where all the experience lays.

Even though I don't support that kind of fishing I don't really chase records or fish for marlin. I fish to eat but enjoy a fight. I will only chase a fish if I run out of line. Even then I prolly let it spool me in a fair fight as he deserves to live. He earnt it.

15 mins as first mentioned was perfectly fair to question as to how a monster 143kg bft could be caught. 35mins is possible depending on the above mentioned.

If yr aware of that then you should also be aware of crews feeding a fish to the boat just above a gaff whilst getting fed super lite tackle in his mouth. Just for the record in the past. I think that is bull.

I think all fast catches deserve questioning. 35 mins is not one of them. I think that was a combo of a good fisherman, team and a lucky run on the fish. 15kg is the breaking strain so drag would not be been more than 10 to 12kg. Not much to hold back on a beast like that. Infact the luck is the low drag. Fish would've maybe stayed on the surface without diving because prolly didn't really feel in trouble. Next step is to chase it down. Hit the drag hard as it gets close to catch up and if luck played their way which it did they'd gaff it green. That's where all the experience lays.

Even though I don't support that kind of fishing I don't really chase records or fish for marlin. I fish to eat but enjoy a fight. I will only chase a fish if I run out of line. Even then I prolly let it spool me in a fair fight as he deserves to live. He earnt it.

15 mins as first mentioned was perfectly fair to question as to how a monster 143kg bft could be caught. 35mins is possible depending on the above mentioned.

You have made some really good comments there, well presented.

Was one of our thoughts, the size of the fish we had, and we did have it to the back of the boat a few times, we were just not set up to try and boat a green fish of that size.

You have made some really good comments there, well presented.

Was one of our thoughts, the size of the fish we had, and we did have it to the back of the boat a few times, we were just not set up to try and boat a green fish of that size.

thanks.

I would say that a green tuna is so much safer to boat than a green marlin. That's for sure. Hahaha

thanks.

I would say that a green tuna is so much safer to boat than a green marlin. That's for sure. Hahaha

Adrian got more views of it than I did, and when we debriefed later, he kept saying he was trying to work out how the hell we were going to fit it through the access door !

I was more we would have just tied it on the swim platform.

But we could both see either one or both of us taking a swim if we hit it green!