How do you store your premade rigs

night_rider

Hi Raiders,

I'm getting to the stage of making my own rigs; whiting, live bait, and different surf setups etc...

How do you store your pre-made rigs?

Is it best to just use a Plano or similar divided box?

I have just bought a Berkley bag/stool for the beach(perfect for having a warm coffee whilst waiting for that zzzzzzzzz sound) and am starting to think getting a tackle box with sliding trays might be a good idea as I can just take out what I need and throw in the bag rather than carrying the whole tackle box with me... or even just a few of the divided boxes for my rigs considering I've already got a tackle box. :15:

Thanks in advance for your 2c guys.

Cheers,

Mark

Wallets are neat and small but for premade rigs if you have room try cut off pieces of pool noodles. I use them for bait jigs and fiddly stuff that tangles easily.

Yep

Pool noodles into little sections

I use it for my sabiki rigs and dropper rigs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad snap lock bags

cheep & available anywhere, Waterproof keeping sand & salt away from them.

I just buy the small sandwich size put 1 rig in each bag then a rubber band around the lot to keep them together.

Ooo soo many great ideas! Thanks guys.

Well I have an abundance of zip lock bags.. might give that a go... ill find a Tupperware container that fits them.

Ill have a look at bcf or something at these rig wallets..

Pool noodle.. thats something I might borrow from a mates pool ahaha

Thanks again guys!

Rap your rigs around this 75mm ag pipe insert hooks into existing holes.ma2e7age.jpgcut your ag pipe to slide into this tennis ball canister.zaba9aqy.jpgcheap, waterproof and effective.

If you like to go the cd wallet, pool noodle route, etc...

Don't forger the trusty 2 dollar shops.

Cheers.

Sent from my GT-I8730T using Tapatalk

Glad snap lock bags

cheep & available anywhere, Waterproof keeping sand & salt away from them.

I just buy the small sandwich size put 1 rig in each bag then a rubber band around the lot to keep them together.

Agree , this is the easiest , least expensive & the box only consumes a small amount of space.

This small container can hold up to 20 plus rigs

post-731-0-93848700-1406582593_thumb.jpg

Geoff

Rap your rigs around this 75mm ag pipe insert hooks into existing holes.ma2e7age.jpgcut your ag pipe to slide into this tennis ball canister.zaba9aqy.jpgcheap, waterproof and effective.

If you like to go the cd wallet, pool noodle route, etc...

Don't forger the trusty 2 dollar shops.

Cheers.

Sent from my GT-I8730T using Tapatalk

Hmm this would fit into the drink holder on the side of my bag nicely.

Agree , this is the easiest , least expensive & the box only consumes a small amount of space.

This small container can hold up to 20 plus rigs

attachicon.gifTrace storage box.jpg

Geoff

I moved a few in last night. It seemed fine to me.

I'm going to try a few different ways and see whats easiest to pack into my tackle bag.

Thanks again guys

heres what i do:

goto the bank and ask for some coin bags. They are the perfect size for rigs and store easily in the tackle box

plus they give you them free

best thing i ever did

Which bank did you go to Benno? I know of most don't supply them anymore... I supposed officeworks would have them...

However aren't they a little small for beach setups on thick mono?

+1 for glad bags... I work with pc's and there is sometimes a billion left over ziplock bags that network cables occasionally come in.. they are heavy duty plastic compared to glad bags and make for great rig holders. I usually make up a bunch of paternoster rigs with a loop at the top and a loop at the bottom (one for sinker and one to clip onto my lure snap clip) with 2 or 3 dropper loops on each. I generally dont put hooks on mine because I just pick what hook and sinker i will use at the time I need to.

keeps things simple :)

i have used a pool noodle and also whenever i buy new appliances i cut the white plastic foam into blocks and use that also

This is certinally an option but they take up a lot of space & are exposed to the elements.

Geoff

• 3 weeks later...

I had to make up a few rigs on a recent kayak trip where I was live baiting, I found the sp wallet to work a treat, kept them out of harms way and was easy to access on the water. It is probably not great if you are making a whole heap up, in that case some of these suggestions on here are brilliant. Love the ag pipe and tennis tin.