The boys after school

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

After fishing everyday last week, I thought I'd give it a rest Monday and focus some time on the mrs! It was the worst 24hrs ever. (Only joking) But when the boys got home this arvo I said would you like to go fishing. A quick reply of "yes" was given. Within 10mins, rods rigged and we're at our spot. I thought I'd target some squid, while the boys were hooking up to some reef fish and smilies left, right and centre. So I put the squid rod down and hooked up a livey and sent it out. Not longer later, the float goes down and I come up with nothing. Wind it in and a bloody squid has smacked it. So I change the hook for a jig and toss it out and leave it to my boy Brandon. Tyran was still catching slimies and I'd thought I'd join him as Brandon yells, "dad I'm on, squid" so with a bit of encouragement he lands this cracking squid!

post-24974-0-67750200-1406627951_thumb.jpg

We persisted a little more but with all the livies we were catching we decided to change back to casting one and continued to burley. My eldest boy Tyran then rigs up my good rod with just a hook and adds a slimey fillet. With the light fading and the sound of mum in the back of our minds, he casts into the burley trail and gets a take that sends the reel screaming, try's to set the hook and drops it, omg I said, as he retrieves slowly, then bang zzzzzzzzz and he's on, plays the fish well and comes up trumps! Nice snapper!

post-24974-0-64191500-1406628419_thumb.jpg

One more cast was all the time we had left, and it was time to go. So I told the boys to pack up and as Brandon reels in the livey there's weight and he's on to another really big big squid but with just a hook the landing was futile. We'll be back another day and looking forward to a few more squid!

But what a great arvo with the boys!

post-24974-0-29344400-1406628990_thumb.jpg

Cheers scratchie!!!

Nice report Scratchie! So this was at PS? Looks like squid are in numbers everywhere at the moment.. Might give it a try this weekend as well! I'm thinking of doing Syd Harbour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done Scratchie :-) cant beat a short and rewardful session. You know where the squid are at, now to aim for that might metre kingy over summer :-)

Regards

Vo2c88

Your not wrong mate. This is a great little spot on the stones for them.

Nice report Scratchie! So this was at PS? Looks like squid are in numbers everywhere at the moment.. Might give it a try this weekend as well! I'm thinking of doing Syd Harbour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes mate PS. About 300m from my house! Good luck if you get our on the weekend.