Reef Magic tuna report

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some very interesting points being made in this post.

About 4 seasons ago we were on the southern canyons with the forecast to blow 15 from the SE but at 4pm a little NW started to puff... at around 25 knots with gusts up to 40. It was so short and sharp us & the other two game boats with us had to cut across it until we were off the Gong & were able to run up under the cliffs with protection. It can turn nasty very quickly & have seen boats go down in 30 seconds.

Cheers

Damo

I was out today got a few gemmies caught a 100kg blue shark which was released a had some fun with a 90+ kg mako which busted us off. Seas were abit sloppy in the morning but settled down once the wind died off, there's a bit of a southerly ground swell. How did everyone else go?

Edited by isofish

We'll be out tomorrow, call sign Angharad.

We will probably just head out to the shelf at this stage and see if we can find a temp brake or current line. Will be heading out of Port Hacking

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Good luck champ! Hope you get to use that flying gaff again!

Cheers scratchie!!!

It was nearly 10 years ago I saw the 470 out there, with 4 big 120kg blokes on board, it looked along way from home.

By the sounds of it your more than prepared for fishing out that wide. It just worries me people heading out that far before they have built up the experience.

Good luck tomorrow.

We ended up 20 nautical miles past heatons nort east all for zeros big day for nothing it's getting hard out there

Were you one of the 2 boats that found and edge on the temp lines, and were trolling along it?

We were wondering how far out you were

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD