Botany bay sunday morning

nadsinator

Hi guys - just a quick report from me. I took the neighbours young bloke for a fish this morning to target trevally and we headed from the wonny out into botany bay and anchored in 9m water just to the western side of the tanker drums. We were fishing by 7.00am and we burlied up and were catching in 20min. The trevs came in thick and fast we would have brought at least 50 into the boat. Only problem was they were all this size..

post-19090-0-58061500-1407662923_thumb.jpg

Just couldnt find anything bigger than about 15cm. None the less we had a blast landing the fish. We fished light gear with no.1 hooks on a paternoster rig baited with prawns. Tried a few variations of bait, plastics, bigger hooks etc but thats what the fish wanted today. We fished an hour either side of the high tide and were home by 12. Had a ball.

Goes to show you can have just as much fun catching goldfish as you can big fish. Its about being out there and having a go!

not too many out today it was a bit breezy early on but when your winding fish nothing much bothers you hey! yeah i will take undersize over nil catch anyday stanton! i reckon its prime time to take a kid fishing and get on to those trevs coz theres obviously plenty around

I was tempted to take the boat out. Walked up to Bonna Point to check out the ramp and it was dead low, only about 5 parked cars with trailers. Went home and there was the dreaded list of things to do around the house.....wish I was out catching small fish as well.

J

I was tempted to take the boat out. Walked up to Bonna Point to check out the ramp and it was dead low, only about 5 parked cars with trailers. Went home and there was the dreaded list of things to do around the house.....wish I was out catching small fish as well.

J

Can you get your boat out at Bonna Point when it is dead low?

Paikea