Browns Mountain

phild

What would be the vessel that is heading out?

Could well be interested but need to know wether my bank balance is up to the fuel share!!! :biggrin2:

The vessel would be a southwind 580 not looking for crew just like to have a buddy boat with me when Im going out there. Its always nice to know theres someone close by incase something goes wrong. Jon your on, Ill privage message you closer to the day with contact details. Ill will be launching from tunks.

how far out is Browns from Barrenjoey?? and what is running out there this time of year??

I might be keen to follow if you want another boat to tag along at a distance...

Im in the same boat (excuse the pun).. I have a six metre console.. but it would be nice to have a 'back up boat" should the beer..i mean engine... run out.

(Not sure of my availability at the moment though as work makes me work for a living..) :ranting2:

how far out is Browns from Barrenjoey?? and what is running out there this time of year??

I might be keen to follow if you want another boat to tag along at a distance...

Im in the same boat (excuse the pun).. I have a six metre console.. but it would be nice to have a 'back up boat" should the beer..i mean engine... run out.

Browns is a fair way out (41ks from the heads) and in any trailer boat its very dependent on weather. At this time of year with any luck we might get some fin, apparently there are a few yellow, blue and albocore around but knowing how they get hammered we will need a bit of luck. Mark cool, the more the merrier again ill P.M you closer to the days with launch times etc or feel free to P.M me.

Thanks

I found the co-ordinates on the web and typed it into google earth..

My boat would be fine to get out to this as it used to do these distances when I was in Brisbane.

I will be keen to come along as its been a while since i chased yellowfin, but again am unsure of work commitments.

I'l keep an eye on the posts and will come out if i can.

Cheers

coach,

if you are trailering, you would be better to launch from sydney or botany to go to browns.

Browns from botany is less than 20kn(about 37km)

Browns from sydney is not a great deal further, just a few mile in it.

Browns from the Joey is over 35nm(65km) and is a long haul in a smallish boat.

good luck fellas, hope you get into some fin.

changa

Thanks

I found the co-ordinates on the web and typed it into google earth..

65842[/snapback]

Sounds like a good idea to use Google Earth. What are the co-ordinates for Brown's?

Thanks Ankles...but it's not that format I need. I need them as raw co-ordinates to input them into Google Earth. :wacko::wacko: All the ones I can find are in WGS Datum....which doesnt work.

that google earth is pretty cool stuff.. expecially when exploring a new river or lake.

Thanks for the launching tips Changa.. I have a 6 metre Boston Whaler centre console that i know can handle the rough stuff a lot better than its owner.. but its handy to stick it in at botany and a lot cheaper to run it 37Kms out than 65Kms

(For some reason I always thought Browns was north.. not south!!)

Co-ordinates i got off the web were lat 34.02.200s long 151.39.500e

(again thank you Mr Google!!!) :thumbup:

Jacool: I had the same problem with the co-ordinates.. but i just scrolled the pointer until its location showded up as a match.. a bit slow I know.. and there is probably a quick converter around... but it did the job in the end.