Metro. Boat Ramps

Weiry

Agreed mate. There are some shockers and the improvement in ramps and their capacity has not kept up with the growth in the popularity of boating for sure. As fisho's we don't sufer as bad a family boaters either as getting to the ramp at 4:30am is a different story to launching at 10am on a Sunday. At least we get a park.

Good ramps include Parsley Bay which has a breakwall harbour, pontoon and good parking. Bayview is also excellent but you have to pay. ATB has plenty of parking and a pontoon as well.

I went to Rose Bay with Joe a few weeks ago and that was a joke. 1 lane and stuff-all parking.

I use Brooklyn quite a bit and I think much more could be and needs to be done there.

The bay there is quite big and there is only a very small pontoon to which 3 boats at most can use. This could easily be made 3 times bigger.

Being a 4 lane ramp there is no tie up area either except a tiny patch of sand beside the ramp. Perhaps a wharf either side would make this ramp a lot less stressfull to use in peak times, and quicken up the ramp activity. Seen many blow ups there.

I would say it is the council that pays for that but I could be wrong.

Parking is an issue at a lot of ramps these days.

Grantm I use the ramp on the Nth side of the road bridge alot, near Brooklyn, looks like they have just widened that ramp on the eastern edge but no pontoon or jetty. I agree Ian feel sorry for the family boater...its not fare paying so much rego etc and poor amenities for launching and parking etc. SUX.

I get annoyed at Penrith ramp on the Nepean, I was down there the other day took the mrs for a spin to have lunch up the river and all the cars in the boatramp car park... choc a block full ...not one of them had a boat trailer on the back...  :ranting2:  :wife: good one !!!!!!!

65813[/snapback]

The new ramp at Mooney Monney should be good when it is finished, I believe the ramp it self is open now, but they are still to complete the pontoon which is going down the centre of the ramp. I noticed the centrestyle pontoons are used a lot up in QLD and they are a heap better then the pontoon off to the side, especially when launching alone.

For fishing Botany Bay the Cooks river ramp, port botany ramp off Penrhyn rd and the Sylvania Waters ramp off Hawksbury Esp all have either pontoon or jetty access but only the port botany ramp has a cleaning table but no running water so is rather dirty.

yes mick is correct they will be adding a pontoon on the ramp to the north of the hawkesbury road bridge why they didnt do it all in 1 hit is the question but when its done it will be a treat i personally use a cpl of diff private ramps makes for solo fishing a lot easyer & most times i dont have to pay as i am out before sparrows or back later than owls :074: