Big Sydney King

AGP

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mate! That is simply stunning! This would take a few saltiga and stella owners back to Earth for shizzle!!!! I'm absolutely shocked by the fact that you get such a beast in relatively shallows, with such a light line + leader (regardless of inappropriate rod + reel).

That's a fish you won't forget soon I bet, and a story that personally gives me a shit load of inspiration to get out and face the difficulty of chasing these bad boys in winter!

That has to be the most stunning catch I've read of amongst the hundreds I've seen on this site! Congrats Congrats, Congrats you're a fishing lord (to my eyes at least) ;)

Wow thanks for the kind words!

• 2 weeks later...

You heading out tomorrow mate ?

I was out yesterday. Salmon schools are so thick but very focused on micro bait, even more so than usual. Still got a couple. My mate lost a good king on light gear that took a plastic.

Edited by AGP

We went out to 12 mile and had a jig. Was ok, managed a few rats and I got a good legal king, mate got busted off but was pretty hard work, few charter boats had better luck with yakkas but nothing over 80cm was pulled in.

Couldn't raise much of a strike on the sambos at north head on the way back in, over it by that stage anyway and went home, wind wasn't the greatest today

Cracking fish man, She's a brute!!!

Why don't Halco put decent hooks on their lures? Aussie company should make lures able to handle big Aussie fish???

Craziness.

Hi mate,

Yeah I have now upgraded to owners. The Halco trebles have held up nicely on the usual 60-90cm Kings but this thing pushed the gear to the limits.

Given, but you were only using light gear.

I've lost some big fish on a trip overseas due to their hooks being made of tinfoil. I didn't have any others with me and there are no tackle shops in the Solomons.

Apparently indestructible lure bodies, but what about the fkn hooks maaaaan!!!