Cowan Creek - Jerusalem bay - Mixed Bag

Sydneyfisher12

hi raiders

today me my dad thefisherman6784 and stephanb79 and his mate on his boat headed out to Cowan to try and catch some hairtail

we launched at parsley bay and headed for west head i went to the spot i got them last time but it was to windy so we went around the corner a bit and tried there we started to get these small fish (i had no idea what they were) they were mostly 4-8cm they had yellow fins and were shaped like sweep anyway we got into the yakkas and got around 25 and stephanb79 got 8

we then anchored up in Jerusalem bay and started to fish for hairtail we started by getting a nice 40cm tailor and then got bitten off by another. we were getting takes on out hairtail rods but we weren't sure if they were hairtail we the got a nice 29cm bream on 3/0 gangs and then i got a 45cm flathead which i thought was a hairtail. we also got a nice 38cm trevally

as the it turned dark i got a good hit on one of my rods thinking it was a hairtail i brought it up to find a massive octopus. then the fisherman6784 got a good run hooked it up and it was just dead weight we though we had a good hairtail but no it was a shovel nose shark it took a massive run from right at the boat to the bottom and then we unhooked it and let it go. also stephenb79 got a arrow squid

also we were checked by fisheries at around 6:00pm in the rain good to see them out there

we didn't get any hairtail we were seeing what looked like them on the sounder but the water temp was 16 degrees so i think it too warm because at the social when we got them it was only 13 degrees

we left at 8:00pm but stephenb79 stayed a bit longer not sure if they got anything after we left

cheers sydneyfisher12 :fishing1:

sorry no pics

Guest stephanb79

Hey sydneyfisher12 thanks for the invite nice to meet you guys!!!!!

Well like sydneyfisher12 we went for yakkas at west head and tried and tried and tried to gey yakkas sydneyfisher12 was catching them like hot cakes and us jack we burley up but still couldn't catch one I think sydneyfisher12 had 20 before I got one and then all of a sudden BANG im on yakka WHOO WHO so we managed 8 and then we left to go and find the hairtail but we had no luck not even a bit but we did manage a arrow which took the pille on gang hooks hehheh ,

After sydneyfisher12 lefted we went over to the railway bridge and droped our lives but we still had no luck so we called it a night at 10pm ...

But definitely cant wait to go the harbour with these guys and catch some FISH !!!!!

Edited by stephanb79

Well done boys. Sounds like you had a great little session there. I wonder where abouts in JB you were??? Lol. If your targeting hairtail and you catch a shovel nose, that tells me your baits are on the bottom and not 2-3m up where they should be. I've caught lots of different species in that spot and if the arrows are there, send them out live, it's a good spot for Jew too! I've even caught a decent size bronzey there, that put up a great fight. Well done anyway :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Well done boys. Sounds like you had a great little session there. I wonder where abouts in JB you were??? Lol. If your targeting hairtail and you catch a shovel nose, that tells me your baits are on the bottom and not 2-3m up where they should be. I've caught lots of different species in that spot and if the arrows are there, send them out live, it's a good spot for Jew too! I've even caught a decent size bronzey there, that put up a great fight. Well done anyway :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

I think it was a spot called scratchies hole of hairtail or something :P

Yeh my bait must of been on the bottom. It was dark and I just whipped it out not knowing how far and it obviously went to the bottom

Thanks anyway

Cheers thefisherman6784

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk