Woronora EP's

Bartos09

Hi raiders. I had a quick landbased session in the woronora river on saturday. The plan was to throw suspending hardbodies for bream and ep's. This was my first time fishing this area and was a bit of a gamble as I only had 2 hours before I had to get back to the family. Second cast and I hooked something solid. The fight lasted about 2 seconds before busing me off in structure. I'm gutted as my favourite ($30) lure is gone and I didnt even get to catch a glimpse of the fish. I tied on my second favourite lure and peppered the same spot trying to raise that fish and get my lure back. After 5 mins its clear that there is no interest, so I walked along the bank to give that spot a rest. I came back 20 mins later. Over the next hour I was hooking up 2 out of every 3 casts at that same spot. Ended up landing 10 EP's all around 25-30cm. All of these were released at my feet, and it didnt seem to put the school off which us surprising. My time was up but I had to be greedy and have one last cast. Don't know if it was the same fish as the first but it was the same result...... my new favorite lure (formally second favourite) is now also gone. Upsetting to say the least, but still had a smile on my face from the session I'd just had. Onviously I need to replace both of these lures. But I'm not sure of the make and model of the last one I lost. Its in the pic below.

20e9024b59ece77f58e3d5c6cf243d63.jpg

If anyone could help me out here it would be much appreciated.

Nev

Sounds like a great days fishing.

Sorry I can't help ID the lure, I'm sure someone will.

On SP social day I was really impressed by Scatchies lure box.

He keeps the small sticker with the lure model/colour in each compartment.

So when he looses one he knows exactly what it was.

I've started doing the same.

Sounds like a great days fishing.

Sorry I can't help ID the lure, I'm sure someone will.

On SP social day I was really impressed by Scatchies lure box.

He keeps the small sticker with the lure model/colour in each compartment.

So when he looses one he knows exactly what it was.

I've started doing the same.

It's a great way to know what lure you lost. And trust me, I lose many!

Well done on a great session. I'd swap 2 lures for a couple of hours of fun. The same thing happens when bass fishing (losing lures). Because if your not tangling with the structure, then your lures not in the right place! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Impressive fishing in the Woronora!

Have you ever tried using a tackleback to retrieve your lures?

It often ruins the trebles but I find I get a lot of lures back this way and it pays for itself very quickly. I think I paid $25 for the last one and it has saved dozens of lures for me.

Mine is on a small handline with 50m of nylon chord.

I don't see them mentioned much in this forum so perhaps others may have tried them with less success and given it away.

post-32937-0-28198900-1410306467_thumb.png

Impressive fishing in the Woronora!

Have you ever tried using a tackleback to retrieve your lures?

It often ruins the trebles but I find I get a lot of lures back this way and it pays for itself very quickly. I think I paid $25 for the last one and it has saved dozens of lures for me.

Mine is on a small handline with 50m of nylon chord.

I don't see them mentioned much in this forum so perhaps others may have tried them with less success and given it away.

attachicon.giftackle_back.png

yes frag they are worth their weight in gold aren't they. It is funny I was going to mention them in response to Scratchie's post above.

Swordie and I use the tackle back extensively at Glenbawn - the structure is where all the bass sit and you have to get in there. We have saved many a 25 buck lure!

yes frag they are worth their weight in gold aren't they. It is funny I was going to mention them in response to Scratchie's post above.

Swordie and I use the tackle back extensively at Glenbawn - the structure is where all the bass sit and you have to get in there. We have saved many a 25 buck lure!

I am relieved to hear that! I was beginning to think I was in " Jim! Nobody does that any more!" territory again.

Edited by fragmeister

• 3 weeks later...

They are just as responsive to soft plasics most of the time, especially the small sliders in pumpkinseed, or the old style berkley grubs in natural colours. Bit cheaper in rough territory than burning 30 buck lures.

+1 on the tackleback for me, bit hard to use land based but brilliant in the boat on some crod or 100 pound mono.

Matt

Both of my lures were lost to fish so the tackle back wouldn't have helped me there. I do lose a lot of vibes, blades and plastics getting snagged up on the bottom though. When I'm in the kayak I just paddle back over the top of the lure and end up getting it back 99% of the time. Landbased I am hopeless....... I think 9 lures lost in 9 casts is my record. Is it worth getting a tackle back for landbased use, or do they only really work in boats?

ive been fishing a area with alot of snags lately and found if you get snagged pull the line back with your hand and then let it go it sends a vibration through the braid and wiggles the hook out of the snag and it works 9 times out of 10 try it with the line tight and then if it dose not work try it with slack line.