Suggestions For New Rod And Reel

philip_the_fisher

Depends a lot on what type of fishing you like doing Philip. And also what your budget will be.

If you want just a little flick stick for lure fishing, then all you will need is something about 6-7 foot with a 1000-2000 sized reel. You should be able to pick up an OK outfit for about $100. Won't be too flash, but should last if looked after. :thumbup:

Flueger make a top little reel. They also make some great rods in the Trion range. I'm not sure of their pricing, and I don't know if ABA stocks them.

As far as the rod goes, the Ugly Stik may be a tad heavy and slow as it is a fiberglass rod. Have a look at the Daiwa Procasters, Shimano Raider series, or even a Berkley Dropshot. ABA stocks all of these, and they are great rods with a medium graphite content. Light enough to use for long periods, and not too soft that you can't turn a decent fish if needed.

I'm sure Mick will look after you! :thumbup:

Ok, thanks for that does ABA have any specials on now or soon? :thumbup:

65979[/snapback]

Make sure you tell them your a Fishraider! :thumbup: Worth 5-10% off for you. :biggrin2:

Thanks Jocool, Have you seen any of the pflueger reels i was thinking of getting trion or medalist spinning reel with a 1.80 metre ugly stick, But we're going down to the bass angler in penrith on sunday morning for a look then of to fish at the lake :thumbup:

65975[/snapback]

speak to the guys at bass angler philip...they will look after you...dont forget to mention your a fishraider :1prop:

G'day Philip,

RE Reels, if you like OKUMA Ebay has some great resellers in Singapore / Malaysia, I have managed to pick up a couple of brand new Okuma reels for about half the normal Sydney tackle shop prices......then all you need to do is pck up a rod to suit.

Cheers

Rob