Nepean and Cattai

jarvis689

zero deano, had the kids with me,walked from jack williams drive to the weir, saw a couple of blokes fly fishing just below the weir.Managed to stop for a few casts at devlin on the way home but only managed a couple of herring on bread

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you guys know. I went out over the long weekend for a crack.

Very quiet for a long time. Didn't bother with surface lures as there was nothing flying around or landing on the surface at all. Stuck with diving minnow things which are my standard go to. After about 2 hours of nothing I was considering leaving then I thought I got a hit, which may have been a root underwater. Cast to the same spot again and whack!

Turned out to be a very nice size fish. 45cm to the fork. And it was FAT. The fight wasn't amazing though considering I only use 3lb mono so I think they are heading upstream but just still a bit dormant. Might need some warmer weather to get them firing. Either way, very happy with the first fish of the season. Got another around 20-25cm afterwards also, same deal with the fight.

Cheers guys

I have a pic but I can't seem to work out how to attach. I'll see how I go later....SOLVED

post-22304-0-84043700-1412804603_thumb.jpg

Edited by jarvo

• 1 month later...

With the recent rain the river system has turned into a chocolate milkshake. I feel that it will take a little time to allow the river to settle down. At Windsor South Creek has had an influence and the tide takes the dirty water up to Freemans Reach and down to Wilberforce. The water at Sackville Ferry is also tainted. I feel that time is the only cure.

Geoff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...