Thoughts on a stessco skipper dlx

mike2153

Hi guys I'm thinking of buying a 05 stessco skipper dlx with a 40 Yamaha 4 stroke. It's got under 100 hours in it and looks in great shape doesn't look like it's had to much use just wondering people thoughts in these boats.

I'll be fishing for kings in the harbour, peak 12 mile and long reef with some fad runs and on nice days the odd browns run in it. What are people

Thoughts?

Hi guys I'm thinking of buying a 05 stessco skipper dlx with a 40 Yamaha 4 stroke. It's got under 100 hours in it and looks in great shape doesn't look like it's had to much use just wondering people thoughts in these boats.

I'll be fishing for kings in the harbour, peak 12 mile and long reef with some fad runs and on nice days the odd browns run in it. What are people

Thoughts?

Hi Mike.You got a death wish 40h/p to go to Browns GOOOOD LUCK Even 12 mile LOL.

The brand, as such, are OK nothing really wrong with them and there are worse brands out there. That said, even buying what someone may consider the best brand, buying anything second hand is a gamble. If you do not know what to look out for in either the boat or the outboard then price it accordingly and on the subject of price that can make or break a deal-it would want to be on the lower end of the scale due to buying them new is cheaper than the larger brands.

Impossible to answer if this particular boat you are interested is good without seeing it or better yet going for a water test to make sure it does not have a hook or the like-even the so called best brands can make a dud boat.

Well I'm actually going out for a test run tomorrow to make sure it doesn't take in water and see how it handles feels etc. Then it is going in for a pre purchase inspection with a mate of mine who works at a reputable marine mechanic so I would like to think I'm taking the right steps before buying?