Durras Lake Boat Access

Mullatt

Hey guys, wasn't exactly sure where to put this topic, so if I'm in the wrong spot mods, please feel free to move it to right area .

My query relates to fishing from a boat at Durras Lake on the south coast. Now I have fished that general area for many many years, beach, outside & from the bank but have never fished the lake from a boat. I understand that it is a particularly shallow lake in parts and does hold some good flathead, bream & whiting. I have seen lots of kayaks and canoes and small tinnies on the lake, but am unsure what the launching facilities and general navigation is like.

I have a 399 Stacer Proline Angler with a 30HP Honda (side console) and was hoping someone on this forum may be able to advise whether there is a suitable boat ramp that would accommodate boats of my size and also whether my boat would be suitable for the lake in general.

Don't really want to have to tow it all the way down there to discover that the ramp is unsuitable or the lake is just too shallow, so any advice

/thoughts will be welcomed with open arms.

Any general hints on fishing the lake would be also be welcomed.

Thanks

http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=34902&hl=%2Bdurras+%2Blake+%2Bboat+%2Bramp

http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=57732&hl=%2Bdurras+%2Blake+%2Bboat+%2Bramp#entry413482

Here are a couple of threads that might have info (sorry did not have time to read)

Your can always get info from fishraider by using our search engine - go to top right hand side of forum and in "search" box type the query and select "forums"

Thanks mrsswordfisherman, I had searched using the search engine and it came up with some stuff, mainly the links you provided actually, so thanks for those. Unfortunately they are all relatively old threads and do not go into much detail!

I'll see if any other raiders have 1st hand recent knowledge and if not .......guess I'll just have to go down there myself to check it out and wet a line whilst there lol

Cheers

Thanks mrsswordfisherman, I had searched using the search engine and it came up with some stuff, mainly the links you provided actually, so thanks for those. Unfortunately they are all relatively old threads and do not go into much detail!

I'll see if any other raiders have 1st hand recent knowledge and if not .......guess I'll just have to go down there myself to check it out and wet a line whilst there lol

Cheers

Goodo I am sure someone will have some info for you :)

mrsswordfisherman

I stayed in south durras caaravan park a few years back which had a ramp at the back. Im not sure if its open to the general public or just park guests. I launched a 4.2 tinny there with no problems. A quick phone call would probably let you know if it is available to the public.

I stayed in south durras caaravan park a few years back which had a ramp at the back. Im not sure if its open to the general public or just park guests. I launched a 4.2 tinny there with no problems. A quick phone call would probably let you know if it is available to the public.

Thanks mate, maybe I'll give the park a buzz!

cheers