Interesting kayak

Goanna54

Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting a kayak for estuary targeting of bream and flathead. I'm in my 60s and paddling will not always be an option for me. I saw this on google and liked some of the features, especially the fold-out stabilizers. I was wondering what your experienced kayakers' views were.

post-869-0-38354200-1415160454_thumb.jpg

Many thanks, Tim

Looks interesting and well thought out.

Things to consider:

1. Suitable for calm water only - not suitable for the bottom end of the harbour
  2. Weighs 60KG - twice the weight of a regular 12foot kayak - you will probably need a small trailer for it

If the above are not issues for you, then it certainly looks worth a review - ideally you need to test paddle it somehow - not sure if that would be possible via BCF...

You could also consider this one

post-869-0-90699900-1415160541_thumb.jpg

Plus one on both comments above.

As already said, that weight does not include the battery. A deep Cycle battery in the AH they have suggested is going to be around 20kg.

So on top of loading unloading that weight, your also going to have to lug a heavy battery seperatly, or as already stated have a trailer for it.

Honestly, if your going to go to that trouble, and with your age. I'd be looking at a good aluminium on a trailer with a comfortable seat!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Many thanks for the wise advice. Looks like tinny and motor it is. My wife and I are thinking of buying a holiday house in the Port Stephens area, so I'm sure it'll get good use. Just didn't really want to get a boating license, but I suppose it can't be that hard!!

Cheers, Tim

Many thanks for the wise advice. Looks like tinny and motor it is. My wife and I are thinking of buying a holiday house in the Port Stephens area, so I'm sure it'll get good use. Just didn't really want to get a boating license, but I suppose it can't be that hard!!

Cheers, Tim

You don't need a licence for a tinny that goes under 10knots. And if you do leave it up here in port stephens and don't get the use you intend out of it, I could always give or a run for you! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!