Why do I even bother FISHING

I had John Dory with me again after he rang late last night seeing if I wanted to go fishing again and after the BIG BOSS gave the thumbs up(thanks hun) we decided to hit the Cooks River.

I had fished the Cooks solo on Friday and straightened my jig head on a whopper jewie and pulled the hook on a biggie as well so I was ready for a rematch with upgraded hooks.

Dave arrived right on time with coffee and food in hand...awesome and some eating prawns as well(yes scratchie they were cooked)

We started off flicking hard for jewies but I assured Dave that until the tide topped out and starting going down hill we would struggle and this was the case so we decided to do some light stuff for a few hours and what a time we had with Dave scoring a nice blurter and a few good flatties and bream and I caught those crappy by-catch flatties as well and a nice whiting and bream.We were just getting set up for the run out when Dave flicks a lava squidgee into the pylons and bugger me if he didn't pull his PB Ep of 38cms ...I have fished the Cooks for years and never ever seen an Estuary Perch...well done mate.

post-256-0-64256900-1415437838_thumb.jpg post-256-0-56015800-1415437902_thumb.jpg post-256-0-91066600-1415437929_thumb.jpg

post-256-0-05095300-1415438017_thumb.jpg post-256-0-56357900-1415438039_thumb.jpg

I was just commenting that it was now jewie time and Dave hooks up.......wohhhhhhooooo and nice fight and a very healthy jewie hits the net for a few pics and high fives all round as his first jew aboard the good ship fishraider was released....great effort dude and his smile was priceless.

post-256-0-09574700-1415438069_thumb.jpg post-256-0-80273000-1415438134_thumb.jpg

Next spot where I straightened the hook the previous day yielded another jewie for me this time with pics and release as well.

post-256-0-73494700-1415438158_thumb.jpg

Great day out dude and we seem to be making a very nice dent in the fish population together.

I smashed one of my trailer lights in my haste and Dave went and got me two new ones and helped me all arvo fit them up...BIG THANKYOU DAVE

So for the title they just seem to be jumping into the Polycraft at the moment and its a great feeling

Nice report Stewy! And the Jedi mind trick about the prawns had me rattled what to say! Lol

A big thanks to Donna for letting him and dave go so he was able to place this report!

Some great fish there fellas! Very envious now I'm back doing this hard slog thing they call work!

I'll have to come an join you on that floating ice cream container soon! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Nice report Stewy! And the Jedi mind trick about the prawns had me rattled what to say! Lol

A big thanks to Donna for letting him and dave go so he was able to place this report!

Some great fish there fellas! Very envious now I'm back doing this hard slog thing they call work!

I'll have to come an join you on that floating ice cream container soon! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Well the Ep express is in town....come when you are ready and there is a spare room as well

Stewie

You forgot to mention the red Arrow display over the house as we fixed the boat up

What a day!

The-Red-Arrows.jpg

What a day!

He also messed up with the timing of the catch of the first jew he said about 10:00

IT WAS 10:15 (trust him)?

JD

Stewie

You forgot to mention the red Arrow display over the house as we fixed the boat up

What a day!

The-Red-Arrows.jpg

What a day!

He also messed up with the timing of the catch of the first jew he said about 10:00

IT WAS 10:15 (trust him)?

JD

I will just have to get my act together Dave

On fire mate. That's a cracker ep for the cooks

I cant figure out why we have never encountered them before.

I might try some different tactics to see if they are there in any numbers.

Stewie

If you need a addicted caster who can catch em, count me in any time!

I need a new PB. lol

Thanks m8

JD.

I think you have shown us the way ....Dave the Messiah