lake conjola trip.

Camo1808

Hey guys. Me and my best mate are planning a trip to lake conjola in the kayaks in 4 weeks. Never been there. Can anyone tell me anything and everything about it?

Are the fish on the chew?

What do I chase with what baits or lures?

Where is the infamous "the steps"

Where is some good spots

Wanna try chase flatties. Luderick and jewies.

Everything is appreciated.

Cheers

Been in CONJOLA since birth basically great spot!! It's heaven

Fishing in recent years has been a bit slow due to lake often closing but it's open and clean and tides are racing. Good time to head down as the fishings heating up

The steps are at the end of the 4 knots zone on the right if heading away from the sea past lakeside van park, start in the shallows and drift with the incoming tide to deeper water and you'll come across good size whiting on poppers or pump some nippers on the sand flats at the island directly across from lakeside van park. Bream hang off the rocks and snags on the right at the steps also I've pulled quiet a few 40 cm plus out of there.

Go on the fisheries website and they have the gps marks for the artificial reef off the steps shown aswell. May hold jewies.. At Chrissy a bloke pulled a big Jewie out of the lake I haven't personally.

A few weeks back I was in the kayak drifting the channel off deep water park ( the one with all the cabins.. Can't miss it ) and I hit my pb flattie on a 4 inch nuclear chicken and then first cast after first rip up hooked a 44 cm flattie . That channel has been producing well over the few weeks for most people I strongly recommend drifting this part of the channel . I can't get mullet to touch anything I throw at them.. I can see a school and they turn away every time .. They kill me.

Luderick I can't say anything on as I haven't tried chasing them although would love to Learn!!

Try off the beach big salmon schools were in close a few weeks back.

Good luck ! I'll be down first weekend in December .

Cheers jake