A new technique in Photoshop for me

snatcher

First started messing around using Photoshop about 8 years ago. I had no training and just muddled along making lots of mistakes in the early years. I bought a few books on the jubject which did help and i also watched tutorials on You Tube - there are loads of good ones on there :sun:

What I wanted to create was a winter scene on one particular summer picture that I had taken. It was my first attempt at this technique and followed a You Tube tutorial on how to do it. Will post up the before and after pictures and comments,good or bad more than welcome. :sun:

post-34124-0-86668100-1415799841_thumb.jpg

post-34124-0-88161800-1415799910_thumb.jpg

John

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Apart from angling and photography I do enjoy watching football. For my sins I follow Newcastle united FC :sun: One of their best ever managers was Sir Bobby Robson. I did not like where his statue was situated in the ground so decdided to move it myself !!!!

post-34124-0-90262100-1424086024_thumb.jpg

post-34124-0-20557900-1424086047_thumb.jpg

post-34124-0-68325100-1424086088_thumb.jpg

I think its an improvement anyway :sun:

John

• 3 years later...

After paying mega money every two years for the full pro version of Photoshop it now no longer supports my newest camera unless I pay a monthly subscription to the cloud, so it's now been dropped by me and I simply use the free supplied software which basicly crops and adjusts small variants.

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2014 at 12:45 AM, snatcher said:

First started messing around using Photoshop about 8 years ago. I had no training and just muddled along making lots of mistakes in the early years. I bought a few books on the jubject which did help and i also watched tutorials on You Tube - there are loads of good ones on there :sun:

What I wanted to create was a winter scene on one particular summer picture that I had taken. It was my first attempt at this technique and followed a You Tube tutorial on how to do it. Will post up the before and after pictures and comments,good or bad more than welcome. :sun:

post-34124-0-86668100-1415799841_thumb.jpg

post-34124-0-88161800-1415799910_thumb.jpg

John

What version of photoshop are you using snatcher?

• 3 months later...

Here you go Frank a few more with the same technique.  The Angel of the North,I think it works well on this one.  Was asked to colour pick out a "wedding bus" at a friends wedding. The same technique again picking out the flowers at our godaughters wedding.

Looking forward to meeting up/fishing with you again mate.

http://pa2ffad.jpg

http://PyxKtJ0.jpg

http://z7mmNgt.jpg

John

• Like 1