Small Jew on plastic

nbdshroom

Hit the Georges River with aero.gard on his new boat recently to try and nail some jewies.

It was tough going in the midday sun and fresh winds but we were rewarded with a couple of fish landed for our efforts of which one of them being a jew.

Good fun as always. From the hook set it didn't feel like much (called it for a flatty initially) but it woke up as it got closer in to the boat. After a few tense minutes of stalemate with the fish being stubborn to being lifted off the bottom, up to the surface it went. Out came the net and after a few timely spurts of energy left in its attempts to evade the impending capture, into the net it went.

post-25384-0-57651400-1416097771_thumb.jpgpost-25384-0-57272000-1416097809_thumb.jpg

Caught on a Squidgie fish in silver fox using a Sustain 2500FG on a Luvias rod 701mfs. :biggrinthumb:

Nice jewie Pete!

Thanks Dave, I worked hard for that fish! Always good to get a result. :biggrinthumb:

Nice one mate :) she's not that small haha. Glad you're still scratching the silver itch!

Cheers Ben, as they say, scratching an itch only brings temporary relief. :harhar:

Well done Pete! I remember your efforts to land your first. Good to see your still put there chasing them! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks a lot Jeff, it doesn't seem so long ago that I landed my first. Been missing that unique jewy smell on my rod grips and handle. :074:

Edited by nbdshroom

Thanks Dave, I worked hard for that fish! Always good to get a result. :biggrinthumb:

Cheers Ben, as they say, scratching an itch only brings temporary relief. :harhar:

Thanks a lot Jeff, it doesn't seem so long ago that I landed my first. Been missing that unique jewy smell on my rod grips and handle. :074:

you can always smell my rod Pete. Nice fish bud