Rozelle HB success and some good karma

Witha

G'day raiders!

After playing with sp for a while now I thought I'd mix it up and try some hard bodies (read: noticed I'd had my sx40 brand new in the box for a year and thought i should give it a crack)

Hit up my usual rozelle bay after work session on monday and started throwing the little thing around. First cast as i was ripping it down to depth got smashed by a little tailor :) always a good confidence booster and it was followed by 3 more. b0f12aafbd78ea66d40d46c28f022286.jpg

Figured if I was getting tailor I should slow down my retrieve and work the bottom better, a few more casts and came up tight! Felt a lot of weight and called it for a flattie, didn't realise it would be a 55cm model :) now the trouble...rock wall..4lb leader, big flattie no net..

Noticed a bloke fishing fly up the wall a way and yelled to see if he had a net!

He said he had a boga and jumped down the rock wall while I angled the fish. Safely in the net and a big thankyou.316540948522858555babdd7862c55fa.jpg

Ended up chatting for a while, he had a beautiful fly combo and was hoping to get some bream. Packed up and headed off a while after...However I noticed later I'd taken his lip grip with me!

So headed down yesterday arvo and by chance he was there again! Gave the lip grip back and felt my karma points regenerate, we flicked together for the evening talking fishing and general life philosophy as you do.

Then managed my first bream on hb! Went about 25 and was great to know the little chunks of plastic can produce at that spot. Packed up after not getting any hits for a while and ended up grabbing some thai and talking shop and seeing some of the wicked fish he'd caught at home in Singapore. Great example of aussie angling community friendliness.

Also if you happen to see this Scott send me your number again bloody phone is useless.

Cheers for reading guys think I'll be putting a few more hours into HB fishing in the future!

Witha

Onya Ben. Do you use a 1-3kg rod for those?

Yeah mate my little 1-2/3 nitro finesse, beautiful rod.

Thats great mate.

Its always good to try something different.

And a real buzz when it works out.

Well done.

Definitely mate! Variety is the spice of fishing