New trailer parking laws

Welster

How can they place a parking limit on a trailer that is registered? Do they intend to place a time limit on registered vehicles? The government can not discriminate between any registered vehicles. It appears that a MP is just once again engaging their speaking apparatus before they put their gray matter into gear. To have a vehicle registered means that one can park them on the roadway.

How can they place a parking limit on a trailer that is registered? Do they intend to place a time limit on registered vehicles? The government can not discriminate between any registered vehicles. It appears that a MP is just once again engaging their speaking apparatus before they put their gray matter into gear. To have a vehicle registered means that one can park them on the roadway.

I agree, and to be honest how will they police a vechile and trailer that has been parked for longer than 3 months. If it is moved once, than that movement of vechile has to be restarted.

i think the sutherland shire has something like this aready in place.a fitter at work has his house boat and 7 birth trailer parked on his land with thw tow hitch sticking out.the council sent a ranger around to inspect and he was all just on his own land.they can stay there as long as he likes.sorry ots not just boats but all trailers

+1 well said and agreed with chocolate, these clowns need to address real issues, like our deficit and the privatisation of toll roads and energy companies...

I think if they are fair and reasonable it won't be a problem. 3 months is too short but there are a lot of unregistered trailers, boats, caravans and other vehicles just left dumped and rotting on the side of the road. If you are keeping your registration and road worthiness up there should be no time limit placed on parking on public roads.

It would be great if they were to build some additional boat storage yards that were secure and reasonably priced.

I won't have to contend with any Rangers as I park on my front lawn but instead I have gum trees dropping all sorts of rubbish.

presumably we could all take turns at parking in front of the MP's house as a form of protest.

That article is basically saying that there was one homeless person sleeping in a boat so

there will be a law change to prevent this, and that everyone has a large boat and plays table

tennis.

Ok

hands up if you voted for this guy!

you guys are looking at it from a narrow view point and just that of your own self interest.

the issue is lack of parking infrastructure and the lack of boat ramps to service our waterways for the growing population.

its to stop derelict boats being left on streets for years

or around other locations where people who dont even live there just leave their boats in back streets as cheap storage "mad if you ask me for security reasons"
they just fill it up after a days fishing and wheel clamp it in some random street to save towing it

you guys are looking at it from a narrow view point and just that of your own self interest.

the issue is lack of parking infrastructure and the lack of boat ramps to service our waterways for the growing population.

its to stop derelict boats being left on streets for years

or around other locations where people who dont even live there just leave their boats in back streets as cheap storage "mad if you ask me for security reasons"

they just fill it up after a days fishing and wheel clamp it in some random street to save towing it

yes I agree with you juggs

there are new boat storage places opening up everywhere now too

We are near a new housing development, lovely new homes and new streets. Some person has parked a massive caravan outside their house that is on one of the major thoroughfares and it blocks the view for drivers.

I dont think it will be a problem, move the Boat trailer by 1 meter up or down, depending if the month is even or odd.

But it should include cars too. "I once saw someone sleep in a car !!!"

There is a point in the fact that roads are costing something, and a levy could be asked if you want to park car/trailer/doghouse on the street.

If its unregistered then it shouldn't be on the road - no excuses, parked or not... it shouldn't be there!

As for 3 month limit, its fair... if someone had a car taking up space on your street for 3 months without moving and you feel you could be parking your car there you'd be pissed, especially if it wasnt registered.

I disagree. Not with the unregistered. If your not paying for it to be on the road. It shouldn't be on the road. But. I pay rego on my boat. On my trailer. On my car. I have one parking spot and it's not big enough for the boat trailer. I have to park this on the street. I wish I didn't but there is no local safe storage and as importantly to me I can run an extension cable to charge batteries ect. I Park as close to my drive as possible so to leave as much room behind so as many people as possible can park behind me. Yes I can move my boat down every few weeks but fewer people would be able to park outside my house.

This is more about inadequate public parking and taking it out on residents in the area.

I live in Cronulla. Street parking is a nightmare. The council keeps releasing land for building houses but dies nothing to place additional public parking for everyone who rocks up at the weekend. I'm not knocking people comming to the beach. Thats why we are here but yet again the authorities want to penalise instead of invent or create. Just my opinion

So we fish every second weekend and park the boat in the only parking space on the street outside the house in manly, as this is the best spot for washing and cleaning the boat. How do they determine the boat has been continually parked for 3 months if we actually use it every 2 weeks ?

So we fish every second weekend and park the boat in the only parking space on the street outside the house in manly, as this is the best spot for washing and cleaning the boat. How do they determine the boat has been continually parked for 3 months if we actually use it every 2 weeks ?

You can tell if something has been sat there for 3 months or used every few weeks.

I drive past boats on the back roads to work everyday, its easy to see which ones go out and which dont.

You can tell if something has been sat there for 3 months or used every few weeks.

I drive past boats on the back roads to work everyday, its easy to see which ones go out and which dont.

Sometimes after bad weather there is leaves built up around the tyres and all over the covers, other times its spotless, parking inspectors are exactly known for using their brains and common sense either !

My local paper (Murray Trembath, St George Leader)last Thursday reported that the Minister Duncan Gay was looking to enact a law that will ban parking boat/trailers in the street longer than 3 months. Apparently the preparation of that law is well advanced and includes the Government underwriting the construction/operation of boat parking areas to be operated by company's invited to participate. .

If it is enacted it will affect countless boat owners/fishermen who park their rigs outside their homes.

Obviously more information is needed however if there is any truth in the article boat owners will need to protest as one and make the government aware that as paid up road users (registration fees etc) boat owners are as much entitled to park on the roads as cars.

What do Raiders think of this?

One letter to the editor on the subject read as follows.

"Surely Road Minister Duncan Gays proposed ban on Boat Trailers parking in streets longer than 3 months is an early April fool joke? He cannot be serious! How will Government enforcers of that law know when a boat/trailer is driven to a ramp and used for a day then returned to the place where it was parked? Will that count as the start of the next 3 months? As to boats taking up valuable car parks owners of boat (and other) trailers pay registration fees to use the roads, as such they are entitled to the same benefits as other fee paying road users. Building dedicated off-street boat/trailer parking facilities to be operated by private businesses that will benefit from the proposed law by forcing trailer/boat owners to use the facilities is a blatant abuse of power that rivals the worst excesses of previous governments. By all means impound any unregistered Boat/Box/trailers, Caravans and Vehicles that are parked in our streets but dont even think of introducing a law that will discriminate against the thousands of boat owners who park their boats on the streets outside their homes. Count the boat owners/fishermen who vote Minister and think again."

Cheers

Paikea

What next, impound trucks? They also take space. What about all these cars littering the place. You would think the street is made for parking or something.

Hi Rami,

I believe a truck over 7.5 metres can only legally park in a built up area for a maximum time of 1 hr. This includes a trailer over 7.5m. If it is attached to a car the total length of the two counts. Very harsh near a ramp IMHO.

Hi Rami,

I believe a truck over 7.5 metres can only legally park in a built up area for a maximum time of 1 hr. This includes a trailer over 7.5m. If it is attached to a car the total length of the two counts. Very harsh near a ramp IMHO.

Serious? I was joking.

Serious? I was joking.

That's why you see so many trucks parked well off the street outside of residential areas.

Also why outside the front of Roadrunner on a night there is no room in the street. Because they are allowed to be parked in Industrial Areas, so they park their trucks all over the estate during the night

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD