Fishing Licence Checks

harold

Guys, i forgot to post that last weekend, i had not been at Juno Point for more than 2 minutes when a fisheries inspector visited me to check my fishing licence. I asked him why he had checked me and he replied that this summer they were going to check the masses in Pittwater. I know many of you have a point of principle that stops you wanting to purchase a licence and that is your business but be aware the fine greatly outweighs the cost of the licence.

All the best and remember, the great William Shakespeare once said something like "it is better to have fished and lost, than never to have fished at all".

I've been checked a few times.. a couple times in the bay and a couple times in the h'bury. Would you believe it every time i have forgotton my damn licence at home. Luckily they allow you to fax it in within a two week period. Last time though i forgot to fax it in a havn't heard a word about it since. This worries me a bit. Even though i got away with it i still have purchased a licence. How many people have not purchased and got away with it? I hope they become more vigilant.

Guys, i forgot to post that last weekend, i had not been at Juno Point for more than 2 minutes when a fisheries inspector visited me to check my fishing licence. I asked him why he had checked me and he replied that this summer they were going to check the masses in Pittwater. I know many of you have a point of principle that stops you wanting to purchase a licence and that is your business but be aware the fine greatly outweighs the cost of the licence.

All the best and remember, the great William Shakespeare once said something like "it is better to have fished and lost, than never to have fished at all".

66523[/snapback]

i have been checked twice in the last year, once i didn't have a licence and got fined while fishing in Botany, the second time at Georges river i had my licence.

p.s. i dont have to many friends who havent either been fined or checked.

as much as i hate paying for the licence i aint going to risk another fine.