kings everywhere

Krispy !

Me and 3 mates headed to a spot id neglected to visit for a few trips with some fresh squid I had caught the night before. The sun was just cracking the surface and with out having even rigged up I noticed a king cruising the surface without a care in the world. Quickly rigged up a rod and tossed out a squid strip then got back to rigging my other rods. Whilst tying a knot i heard the drag start buzzing, my mate ran straight past me and grabbed my rod. Short time later a rat of 63cm was on deck. Unhooked him and back it went. The entire morning I dont think there was a moment where we a rod wasnt hooked up. It was either 1 person unhooking a fish 1 person fighting a fish and 1 on the net or triple hook ups. It was commotion in the most literal way. We hooked well over 20 kings, landed 17 with 5 being over legal. We also managed some solid bream in between with the biggest going 35cm. Kings all ranged between 56-69 and were all very fat, most of them spewing out baitfish when landed. The action lasted right up until 11 when we ran out of bait. Could have gone on with lures but we were all buggered. I wont forget this session for a very long time.

post-11865-0-70341400-1416639886_thumb.jpeg

awesome job mate, i was another one soaking live squid at all the usual spots today and couldnt find a thing.

i reckon you found one of the first schools that have moved into the harbour!

love those days!

back out next week for another crack!

were they on a structure or roaming?

awesome job mate, i was another one soaking live squid at all the usual spots today and couldnt find a thing.

i reckon you found one of the first schools that have moved into the harbour!

love those days!

back out next week for another crack!

were they on a structure or roaming?

Thanks mate, yeah it was off a wharf.

Amazing work Krispy. Clearly the harbour was very different to my day off cronulla.

Thanks mate, I dont think ill have a landbased session like that for a long time if ever

Grest work Krispy, glad someone is getting out

Awesome news and report. Well done! I was out yesterday fishing in the harbour out from Manly with fresh caught squid and never had one touch from a king. Managed one solitary salmon in 3 hrs.

Thanks fellas, hopefully this is a sign for summer

Wow...that is really one crazy session. Well done mate.

Absolutely amazing! Land based holy tamoley! Well done

That is a very nice haul. Did you get the bream and other fish on squid as well?

Thanks fellas, breams were caught on pillies n squid