Count down to cod season

pomey_git

Hi guys. I have started my mental egg timer and am looking forward to getting back into the Green monsters.

I'm really hoping to get over the 80cm mark this season which should be spectacular as I fish almost exclusively off the surface.

I was wondering if any one had any top tips for luring these wonderful animals?

My top lures last season - z-man pop frogz in white, halco night walkers. post-24607-14169912722473_thumb.jpgpost-24607-14169913518628_thumb.jpg

Any who, I will keep you all updated on my travels and look forward to reading about your adventures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Pomey,

I am yet to catch a cod, so take my advice with a grain of salt. However, a bloke who fishes my local river told me to use a predatek boomerang 80 crimson tiger medium diver. He certainly caught 60cm plus cod from the photo's he showed me. The one time I tried the lure, I hooked something very solid that I couldn't get to the surface. Unfortunately, the fish got off unsighted.

Good luck in your search.

Water temp is heading in the right direction and there is a lot of activity on the surface at the moment. Surface lures should start to come into their own VERY soon! Don't be afraid to upsize your surface lures if you're chasing that trophy fish ;)