Guest no one

HA, it was a joke... although I may hide it just so to give me and the Fishraider teams have an unfair advantage! Although in all fairness - Scratchie is pretty much our not so secret weapon!

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be up there Thursday to Saturday with my boat finally! any Intel on the nth blue fin or wether the little blacks are still an option??

I'm pretty sure we've seen the end of the little blacks. There maybe a few blue out really wide. The longtail haven't been on the bay for last two weeks and have heard any reports of any, so they may have moved on. Water really cold and murky with a lot of ground swell this week.

• 3 weeks later...

Got up there a couple of weeks ago and got lucky with weather for the three days up there. Stayed at little beach but ramp not good with sand build up so put in at shoal bay- shallow but possible. Cruised a few of the islands with no surface action but on the calm side of the last island straight out of the heads found a mix of flatties and legal sized snapper. Next day hit a few of scratchies reefs posted on here on the way to brougton. Didn't end up at Broughton finding some nice flatties and trag. Could hear the charter guys saying not much around it and were fishing similar spots to us so stuck to it. Disappointing on the surface action. Took the kids for the afternoon high tide around tomaree headland and was surprised to get some legal sized snapper. Plenty of livies at the crack in the wall which gave us plenty of fresh bait for the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey Scratchie & Fishraiders

My Boat Tinnie 4.1m with 25hp

Tow Car: Honda CRV Front Wheel Drive

My in-laws have bought a place in Shoal bay, so it looks like I will get to fish the bay areas a couple of times a year.

Mostly it will be from the wharves or beaches with the kids (9, 7, & 3) but occasionally it will be in our 4.1m tinnie launching from my basic understanding of the area, Little Beach boat ramp would be suit best with our tow car

I have read the marine sanctuary maps and note there are a few Sanctuary areas and habitat restricted areas,

1. are theses lock out areas clearly marked with buoys and signs as I don’t have a Nav unit or GPs in the boat
  2. If I launch from Little Beach ramp, I believe that area is Sanctuary zone between the point and headland,
  3. Would these two areas shoal bay (drifting) or around the marina break wall, be good and safe for a newbie to the area while I get a feel for it?

I will be targeting Bream, whiting and flathead mainly anything else would be lucky / interesting for the little ones.

Hey Scratchie & Fishraiders

My Boat Tinnie 4.1m with 25hp

Tow Car: Honda CRV Front Wheel Drive

My in-laws have bought a place in Shoal bay, so it looks like I will get to fish the bay areas a couple of times a year.

Mostly it will be from the wharves or beaches with the kids (9, 7, & 3) but occasionally it will be in our 4.1m tinnie launching from my basic understanding of the area, Little Beach boat ramp would be suit best with our tow car

I have read the marine sanctuary maps and note there are a few Sanctuary areas and habitat restricted areas,

• are theses lock out areas clearly marked with buoys and signs as I dont have a Nav unit or GPs in the boat
  • If I launch from Little Beach ramp, I believe that area is Sanctuary zone between the point and headland,
  • Would these two areas shoal bay (drifting) or around the marina break wall, be good and safe for a newbie to the area while I get a feel for it?

I will be targeting Bream, whiting and flathead mainly anything else would be lucky / interesting for the little ones.

Firstly, no marine parks up here are marked clearly. You will have to rely on maps and they are very strict.

Shoal bay has a ramp itself and is very easy to use for a boat your size. But my suggestion to you would be to put on at soldiers point and drift the islands and work the rock walls and surrounds. I'd be happy to take you out and guide you around for a day!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Guest no one

Firstly, no marine parks up here are marked clearly. You will have to rely on maps and they are very strict.

20 meters inside that zone will land you a $500 fine. Even if the lures you're dragging are in and the boat isn't.

Still very bitter about that!

My advise is stay well clear of them - they are HUGE zones I think in some cases coming 1.5kms off the land itself!

• 2 months later...

Shoal bay has a ramp itself and is very easy to use for a boat your size. But my suggestion to you would be to put on at soldiers point and drift the islands and work the rock walls and surrounds. I'd be happy to take you out and guide you around for a day!

Cheers scratchie!!!

I can attest to that!

I got fines $500 for being 10mtrs inside the sanctuary at the first eastern point from the break wall!

When I asked where are the markers they said well its from the point to that marker in the middle of the bay :ranting2::ranting2:

Dam money grabbing if you ask me, should have more buoys outlining exclusion zones imo!