Bass fishing hunter valley.

Hooked-Up

Hi Guys and Girls.

Am planning a day trip to the Hunter Valley with the boat and the rods to target bass.

Would like to know which lake people would suggest we look at?

Glenbawn, St Clair, or even Liddell.

Any information would be greatly appreciated and Swordy i know you know about the bass up there so feel free to chime in :)

Thanks and good fishing.

Lee.

Hard call mate. Not sure if swordy caught every bass in glenbawn but he was close to it! :)

I haven't had that much experience in those dams, I'm more a yak fisho when targeting bass on the rivers up here. Hopefully someone can add a bit more info for you!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Both dams are great but for me Glenbawn is my pick and with all this rain you will do well on natural coloured spinnerbaits thrown right in the trees

Both Glenbawn and St Clair are fishing awesome at the moment. Don't forget to stop at the little bridge over the spillway after you come through the boom gate at Glenbawn, there's some huge Bass under there.

We've had a heap of rain up here too and that can bring the Silvers on but mostly on bait. Worms and believe it or not, snails, are the go for them. These Silver Perch get huge and if you can find them, you'll get them upwards of 55cm and sometimes 60cm.

Obviously Bass are the main target species but Glenbawn has Silvers, Yellas, Cattys, Carp and the odd big Cod. Good luck mate.