Seven Hills/Blacktown Area Fishing

FishingGuy

Hey Raiders,

With school holidays here, I was wondering if anyone knows any good freshwater spots in the Seven Hills or Blacktown area. I am based in Kings Langley and only have a pushbike as transport so anything within an hours ride? Don't really want to use public transport if possible as it is very busy at this time and I don't want to carry my fishing gear on it. I NOT looking for a spot where the fish can be eaten, I am aware that the waterways here a polluted. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

FishingGuy

Hey FG,

Lived in that area many yon ago! There's not really anywhere to fish around. You have the parra river to the east and the nepean to the west which is too far to ride from where you are. As a young kid though, I used to catch carp in toongabie creek, but don't tell anyone!

Chewers scratchie!!!

Hey FG,

Lived in that area many yon ago! There's not really anywhere to fish around. You have the parra river to the east and the nepean to the west which is too far to ride from where you are. As a young kid though, I used to catch carp in toongabie creek, but don't tell anyone!

Chewers scratchie!!!

Haha, thanks for the info, i'll give it a go.

Cheers,

FishingGuy

I've seen a few carp come out of woodcroft, but that was a few years ago. The lake at norwest is FULL of carp, it may not be legal though, check it out.

Thanks for the info mate,

Might give Woodcroft a go. Yeah i've been up to Norwest before and am aware of the carp (and the 1m+ eels) but the council recently made fishing prohibited because of people not disposing the carp properly. Maybe late at night might be an option.

Cheers,

FishingGuy

• 2 years later...

I fish at glenwood lake with my dad and we've caught some massive carp 60 cm plus also used to fish at woodcroft when we lived there 10 years ago me and my mate used to take a blow up boat to get to the center of the lake and get meter long carp and 4 foot eels on dough and corn got dragged around a few times too. Still good fun.

• 3 months later...

Was down at Glenwood lake fishing with 12 lb line on 2 separate rods lost 6 hooks 4 sinkers and 2 wire tracers got the fish in close than just snapping the line will try again Saturday with some 60 lb line and than will see what happens than.

Ive Been back there again lost more gear will be going again tomorrow I've been using figure 8 knots to hold the hooks as well as tucked blood knotts to no avail plenty of drag on and still snapping off there jumpers too so as soon as there in close they thrash somthing shocking.

I'm contemplating on buying 2 boxes of bass fingerlings to put in at Glenwood lake would I get into trouble for doing so I know there are a couple already in there I've seen them caught there before by others though. Any thoughts. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2017 at 5:56 PM, Regan said:

hi 

you could try looking up google maps and looking for anyfreshwater lakes, rivers etc.

On 8/17/2017 at 6:12 PM, ARC H said:

Original post 2 yrs old LOL

HAHAHA i'm still here lads, I have a drivers license now so all is good and i'm able to get further out from Sydney more often. Thanks for the advice anyway.

Cheers,

FishingGuy

On 9/6/2017 at 9:34 PM, Chicken87 said:

744.jpeggot this one today on a floating piece of bread and a small as hook im a size 11 shoe and there was 9 or so inches between my feet so not a bad size. 

That's heaps good mate, i'll have to get and chase some carp soon.

Cheers,

Fishing Guy

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hey guys i fish at Glenwood lake (Near Parklea Public School) but it looks like i might give this place a miss now.

Nothing is biting there at all and even regular fishers like the old Asian man have stopped coming here often (He knew how to catch carp). Does anyone know if the council etc. has done anything to the water to maybe kill off the carp.

Also Chicken87 it would be a damn good idea to maybe introduce some bass or even more carp haha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...