Coral trout quality

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

After my trip to Darwin, I was fortunate enough to bring home 20kg of some of the most amazing table fish you can dream of eating.

Amongst the lot was a coral trout that I caught on the first day. Well after hearing the amount of hype surrounding the quality of this fish I was waiting to save it for a special occasion. Yesterday was that day, and OMG what a spectacular tasting fish it is. An absolute explosion of flavour on the palate. It tasted better than any lobster I've had or any other fish for that matter.

I also looked on here how to cook it. The best method was keeping it simple. Salt and pepper with olive oil was all it needed.

What a shame we can't catch those fish down this way! Oh well, might need another trip to Darwin!

Cheers scratchie!!!

On a trip to cairns, the first day we brought back a 6-7kg coral trout which we dropped of at the kitchen of the hotel we were staying at...After a couple of ice cold beers (probably the most satisfying beer you could have after fishing a humid day) and a quick shower, dinner was served and it was sensational, the one regret I have is I only have stomach and had to stop eating because I couldn't fit any more.

Harry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jeff,

I'm doing a trip in June to Swains reef QLD, and would like to bring back a few kg of some worlds best fish myself.

How did you go about it? Was it expensive?

Dave

Not sure if airlines still allow but we used to pack into a foam box with dry ice and bring it home as luggage.

Jeff,

I'm doing a trip in June to Swains reef QLD, and would like to bring back a few kg of some worlds best fish myself.

How did you go about it? Was it expensive?

Dave

It wasn't a problem at all from Darwin. Your operator should be able to pack it for you. It must be in a waterproof box of some sort and you can check it in at any domestic airport. They have a special area for seafood. Don't forget your luggage limit though. I basic took all my luggage as carry on and checked in 19.9kgs of the finest on the way home! No extra charges :)