Am I losing my touch

big Neil

G'day all and a Healthy 2015 to you all. My son in law Luke had never caught a Murray Cod so I took him out in the boat to show him how it was done. I gave him my best rod and found a very promising spot and kept an eye on him. Result...he got 2 Cod while I got NONE. So I put up with the ribbing for the next few days and took 2 of the grandkids ( 6 and 4) down to get a few Carp. Now conditions were difficult...very hot and strong winds. We persevered and the boys cast in, reeled in and cast in again about every minute or so. After about an hour of "I think I've got a bite Poppy and When will we catch a fish Poppy" the 4 y/o rod bent down to the water . The sneaky fish went behind a tree and some clever rod work worked it away from the tree. It made a bolt for freedom and we had it...a Carp of about 50 cms. Charlie was ecstatic. I noticed a very slight bite on Tommys rod and spent the next 15 mins telling Tommy what the fish was doing . Eventually it took the bait and I yelled "hit it Tommy". The fish took off at pace up and down the river before being landed 5 mins later to much jumping around and screaming (and that was only me). So, no more bites and we went home where everybody was advised that Charlie and Tommy got a nice Carp each and Poppy got ZILCH. Am I losing my touch...hope not, Neil.

Fair dinkum. I thought I'd inadvertently time travelled to Circular Quay. That's the last time I saw so many boats in one place. So here's the scene...all of the visitors had gone home and this erstwhile fisho says to his missus "mind if I go wet a line, dear?" No worries, off you go. I hook the boat on and travel the 25 kms to this secret spot which I've been exploring prior to Xmas and was greeted by the scene just described. Anyway ,I'm there now and will have a go anyway, even if it resembles the carpark at Westfield ,Parramatta. Long story short 2 x small Murray Cod in 4 hours...hardly fantastic, but that's fishing. Even Bigger Neil (after Christmas). lol

Yes I have to agree, to see the absolute delight and joy in the faces of young people when they hook up a FISH is just priceless. It far outweighs any electronic gaming device they may have played and it allows to take part in physical exercise, :sun: