Tropical Madness

Slider

Howdy people

Ive just got back from 4 days of superb fishing in FNQ :1fishing1: . The first stop was staying with Matty (Junglejunky) in Townsville. First stop was the upper Ross river for barra, and boy, we were not disapointed, after a few near misses Matty put the first fish in the canoe (well it was too big to lift into the canoe!)..101cm of barra :thumbup:

post-38-1126699879_thumb.jpg

I also found a couple of jacks, but only 1 made it to the canoe

post-38-1126700043_thumb.jpg

Next day we met up with Tony (Barrymundi) and hit Blacks...more barra!

post-38-1126700334_thumb.jpg

post-38-1126700383_thumb.jpg

Next day we left at sparrow fart for Hinchinbrook for the weekend. I had heard this place was beautiful, but the reality of what I saw far surpassed my imagination...

post-38-1126701070_thumb.jpg

We got out to the sugar loader...and all hell broke loose as mega queenies smashed our plastics as they tore back to the pilons..

post-38-1126701185_thumb.jpg

post-38-1126701233_thumb.jpg

We were getting fish like this every few casts, and when our arms could wind no more (and our Alphas' were about to explode!) we headed into the channel and russeled up some bits and pieces

post-38-1126701506_thumb.jpg

The next morning we were out to the loader again...the queenies werent quite as thick but were still big...

post-38-1126701615_thumb.jpg

The queenies probably werent as thick because these boys had moved in...matty managed to hookone in the corner of the mouth and landed a great spanish on light gear :1yikes:

post-38-1126701907_thumb.jpg

After a quick dash in the channel on the way back to the ramp we bolted back to Townsville to get me on my plane home..all utterly exhausted and with aching arms! What a fantastic weekend with great company, cheers to Matty and Tony for showing me their beautiful backyard :yahoo:

Cheers

Brent

WOOOO HOOOOO

Arent queenies a bunch of fun when they get airborne,

Havent caught one for ages, since I lived in Weipa, we used to get them like that around the channel markers on poppers

67228[/snapback]

Pogo, Queenies are one of the best sportsfish Ive ever come across... They are fast, powerful and the fight is spectacular when they launch themselves skyward. I havent got them on poppers yet, but I bet that adds an even more thrilling dimension. Cant wait for that! :1yikes:

Matt

Hey swoff, G Loomis 663 Imx casting rod. Love it. Really light, relatively thin diameter blank, Fast action for flicking placcies, but plenty of balls........ It has handled plenty of large fish with ease. Tony (Barrymundi) up here, has a plug sniper. He sometimes uses it up the creeks if he is specifically targeting smaller stuff, bream, small trevs etc. Its a great little rod. What are you gonna use the heavier outfitt for?

matt

Matt, what rod are you running with your Alphas again?

I'm thinking of getting a 2nd one and want a rod with more balls than my Plug Sniper for this one.

68238[/snapback]

Hello again over here boys :1prop:

That reel is a pearler , It's copped a fair old workout lately. more so than it's really designed for. Might get one myself soon, or a pixie for the little stuff. I pretty well have all daiwa's now, (Team Diawa TDX, cvx's & cvz's.) Have sold off various other brands I had. (except for a couple of Abu's, got a soft spot for them, and are great for medium duty sort of stuff). I can't speak much about the diawa's spin gear as I dont have any, but you can't beat them in the baitcasters.

We're going to pull that reel down for a service soon. I been promising Matt to do it for a while now, but I've been a slacko and end up having a few bourbons when he comes over instead doing his reel. will let you know what the insides look like.

Edited by Barry Mundi