Arvo sesh in the harbour

nbdshroom

After having an enjoyable week in the lead-up to and past Christmas, I decided to hit Drummoyne and surrounds this afternoon for my first decent fish in quite a long time. I tried my luck at several spots but I found only the smaller variety of flathead, bream and whiting. Still, it was good to get some decent fishing time in.

Plastics (Zmans) did most of the damage and also a minor mention for the Austackle shinkus (sinking stickbaits).

I also tried my luck for some topwater whiting which I have been craving since last summer but all I managed was a handful of missed hits.

It's shaping up to be a cracking summer and I hope to have a few more chances to go out there and give it another go.

post-25384-0-63658800-1419769703_thumb.jpg

post-25384-0-61787300-1419769720_thumb.jpg

post-25384-0-85907200-1419769735_thumb.jpg

post-25384-0-82488100-1419769785_thumb.jpg

post-25384-0-08727800-1419769814_thumb.jpg

post-25384-0-48837500-1419769830_thumb.jpg

Nice work Pete,

They are some nice looking flatties

Thinking of hitting up drummoyne after work, can you be a darling point me in the right direction? :clapping:

Cheers mate

You can try hbs around Five dock bay, especially cranking the rock walls. Look for the deeper water if the tide is low. Iron cove to the south is also very good but not as prolific as it once was. There are plenty of flats around the north/western side and good spots to fish so long as it's west of the bridges. Good luck, let me know how you go.

Well done Pete

I'd love to get together for fish around my place one day

The flats there have produced surface whiting there and now with the water warming should get better and better

Got several good hits yesterday

Well done mate

Great haul

Cheers Gianni

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Gianni,

It is definitely something we could arrange particularly since it's the summer holidays. I think Witha would be down for it as well.