Flatty hit by prop Lake Macquarie

scarab36319

Fished LM today. Boats everywhere. Caught nothing legal.

Headed back to ramp at the channel and noticed a white shape moving in the water. Looked like a massive flatty.

I picked it up and turned it over. It had a gash across its head like a prop strike.

I should have got a photo with head on.39651d25511ba5e0def9434bd2ae855a.jpg

Guest Aussie007

Fished LM today. Boats everywhere. Caught nothing legal.

Headed back to ramp at the channel and noticed a white shape moving in the water. Looked like a massive flatty.

I picked it up and turned it over. It had a gash across its head like a prop strike.

I should have got a photo with head on.39651d25511ba5e0def9434bd2ae855a.jpg

u found a dead fish and ate it? :puke: disgusting mate, thats just my thought tho

At least its not as bad as the idiot I saw catch an octopus at Bateau bay the other day. He caught it, was showing it off to his and and other kids on the beach and then when he took the hook out it must have tried to grab him or something because next thing he pegged it into the rocks at his feet. Completely cruel and unnecessary as he could have just as easy flung it into the water 1m away. Seemed more like he was trying to punish it - the idiot.

I think it might even be the same octopus I took some video of earlier in the year while snorkling with Dad's gopro at the same spot.

I'm still laughing too.

No offence to scarab36319

Genuine report I'm sure, and that great fish was taken care of.

Aussie007's misread or misrepresentation did it for me.

I'm in tears laughing again.

I'm still laughing too.

No offence to scarab36319

Genuine report I'm sure, and that great fish was taken care of.

Aussie007's misread or misrepresentation did it for me.

I'm in tears laughing again.

Yep, I agree totally here. I was in tears too mate. This whole topic is awesome! Defo no offence to the OP at all.

Sounds like a tall story to catch and keep a +70cm without incurring the wrath of the breeder debate! ;)

Hahahahahahaha could be?

Should have kept an eye out for some fresh roadkill on the way home.......could have cooked surf and turf!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This reply wins the internet. LMAO

We once had a monster blackfish fall out of the sky and land next to the boat whilst fishing the Shoalhaven.

It had a claw marks in its back and was struggling to swim.

Tasted great.

Dave

A sea eagle or osprey would have grabbed it from the water, then dropped it when it struggled too much.

• 1 year later...