• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest bluecod

Question,

are there tables/pinic shelters at this spot? I need something to mount my vice on so if no tables I will have to see what I need.:wacko:

Big-Pete :1fishing1:

Pete,

There are picnic tables in proximity but are generally heavily utilised - I will be bringing down one of those plastic fold up type tables and a card table as well as a fold-up chair or two.

Question,

are there tables/pinic shelters at this spot? I need something to mount my vice on so if no tables I will have to see what I need.:wacko:

Big-Pete :1fishing1:

Pete,

I'm going to bring my rod stand and will put my vice on that - it might not be that stable but should do. After that it might get used to store some spare rods - I dont like the idea of $1,000's worth of rods lying on the ground ready to get troden on. :ranting2: Especially mine.

Adrian

I can set up a lie detector :074::074:

I'll bring along the long tape measure and some marking paint or pegs to set up a casting range and targets.

If youve never done it, it might be a shock :mad3:

Edited by pogo

Morning...

I have just had some extra things pop up next weekend that have allowed me to have Sunday available...

Is it too late to add my name to the list?

I have never used a fly rod of any sort, so i will only be coming as a student.

I have my own gear but since it was my old mans i have no idea of any of the specs, i can bring it anyway.

Lets just hope my plans don't get changed again for me.

LW

PS: Shane.... do you want to split the fuel and go in one car ?

Morning...

I have just had some extra things pop up next weekend that have allowed me to have Sunday available...

Is it too late to add my name to the list?

I have never used a fly rod of any sort, so i will only be coming as a student.

I have my own gear but since it was my old mans i have no idea of any of the specs, i can bring it anyway.

Lets just hope my plans don't get changed again for me.

LW

PS: Shane.... do you want to split the fuel and go in one car ?

I don't think it will be a problem LW, the more the merrier I reckon.

I think the majority of us will be students. I've used my outfit a few times now, but I'm still a bit wayward. :wacko:

Bring the rod with you, if it's not a suitable weight to learn casting with I'm sure there will be a spare floating around.

PM'd you about the ride. Sort out the details later.

Shane

:1fishing1:

Guest bluecod

Update on how's it going

Date - 30 October 2005 [sunday] Time 10.00 am

Venue - Narrabeen Lagoon

Location - eastern carpark grassed area, off Lake Park Road North Narrabeen.

The idea - to give Fishraiders a chance to find out what it is like to flyfish, get an idea of how to tie flies and a chance to pick up on some casting tips.

Bring your own flyrod if you have one, if not there should be a few spare for you to have a try.

Also bring:

- waders [if you have them],

- a loaf of bread for burley,

- sunglasses [for eye protection - I kid you not],

- bread flies - both floating and slow sinking - tied on a No.8 hook or clousers if you're after flathead.

- Food and drink, although there are fast food joints/milk bars close by.

Note: Lots of grassed playing areas at this location and also close to beach so bring the cheese and kisses and billy lids down for a picnic.

For starters we have.

Bluecod - Trained + 2 spare rods

Narralakes - Trainer + spare rod

Fishn - Trainee [own rod]

Swoffa - Trainer + spare rod

Ankles - Trainee

Bluefin - Trained [own rod]

MarkD - Trainee

Pogo - Trainer + spare rod

Jocool - Trainee [own rod]

Lurespinner - Trainee

Agent X - Trained own rod with advice

Yellow submarine - Trained

Alexit - Trained - own rod with advice

Jewel - Trainee [own rod]

Bombora - Trainee [own rod]

Blood Knot - Trainee [own rod]

Crazedfisherdude - Trainee

Madsmc - Trainee [own rod]

Phil - Trainee [own rod]

Subynick - Trained own rod with advice

Target - Trained + spare rod

Harold - Trainee

Big-Pete - Demonstrator of fly tying + mate [beginner]

Knapers - Trainee

Pedro ?? - Surgeon

Nick S - Trainee [own rod + spare??]

Kingy is coming down to say G'day

Cap'n - Trainee

Lightweight - Trainee [own rod]

Hiramasa + 2 mates [own rods] Trainees

Boppa [to lend moral support] :beersmile:

Fishaman635

Roe - Trainee and riding shotgun!

xbox-guru - Trainee

looks like we're going to be short a few rods again - please bring along as many as you can

I'll bring down some spare bread flies for those who can't get a hold of some

Edited by bluecod

Guest bluecod

Lakeside drive is the road that runs down to the caravan park isnt it???

If it is its actually called lake park drive

Thanks Chris, I picked up on that about a fortnight ago and thought I'd changed the posts.

No need to bring bread burley with you next weekend - the local bakery has donated a flour bag full of bread and bread rolls which are comfortably living in my freezer :thumbup:

Well I'm all set and pumped to go! :thumbup:

Went and picked up my new Strudy 9WT, have the reel....and Fly line will be had on the day!

Bring it on!

Let me just take this opportunity to thank the boys at ABA! They have given me a great rod at a terrific price. And even though I'm a complete GUMBY when it comes to fly, they treated me the utmost professionalism and were sensational with all the Newbie questions I was throwing at them! :thumbup::thumbup::yahoo::yahoo:

GREAT WORK ABA! :yahoo::yahoo:

Guest bluecod

George, Reece and I won't make it next Sunday. I hope you all have a good time and there aren't any hospital casts. The lake will be like a washing machine with you guys whipping it up.

Bad luck Dave - maybe next time. Thanks for letting me know :thumbup:

Bluecod,

I love like to come along .... real newbie when it comes to fly fishing. I have two friends who are also beginners but aren't Fishraider members. Can they come along as well as without them i won't have a rod to use. They have three between them.

thanks

Guest bluecod

Bluecod,

I love like to come along .... real newbie when it comes to fly fishing. I have two friends who are also beginners but aren't Fishraider members. Can they come along as well as without them i won't have a rod to use. They have three between them.

thanks

No dramas Hiramasa :thumbup: All the more, the merrier.

I'll mark you down as a trainee.

It's looking like a great turn out so far!

33 Raiders as of this morning! No one will be able to get near the lake, there'll be too many swoffers! :thumbup: Can't wait for it!

Hoping to get there a little bit earlier to check the place out and have a bit of a cast/swoff before the kick off. Never been to the goon before so it should be interesting.

Shane

Hopefully I will get down there to watch (due to wrist)

I will bring two sets of waders with me ( full set and thigh set ) they may fit someone :074::074::074:

Sounds like it is going to be a great day

Boppa :beersmile::beersmile:

BTW Have rung Mona Vale Hospital and warned them to expect casualties

Edited by Boppa

Guest bluecod

It's looking like a great turn out so far!

33 Raiders as of this morning! No one will be able to get near the lake, there'll be too many swoffers! :thumbup: Can't wait for it!

Hoping to get there a little bit earlier to check the place out and have a bit of a cast/swoff before the kick off. Never been to the goon before so it should be interesting.

Shane

I'll be down there a tad earlier as well, if only to set up - looks like we may need a tent or tarpaulin etc to provide some cover. See what I can muster.

Agreed Shane - certainly looks like a great turnout - hope we've got enough trainers to do justice to the level of interest.

Big-Pete - good to have your mate along :thumbup:

No worries George, we'll probably be able to give you a helping hand getting things set up, providing we don't get lost on the way :wacko:, I've got a good co-driver for the day so we should be right, as long as none of those crazy Sydney drivers gives me the irrits and we have to make an unscheduled stop :gun_bandana:. :074:

Let us know if there is anything we can do before the day to help out. :thumbup:

Shane

Guest bluecod

No worries George, we'll probably be able to give you a helping hand getting things set up,

so we should be right, as long as none of those crazy Sydney drivers gives me the irrits

Let us know if there is anything we can do before the day to help out. :thumbup:

Shane

Thanks Shane and Fish'n for the offers of assistance - I should be right at this stage but if I see something that needs help I'll let you know :thumbup:

Sydney drivers ??? I spent half the day on the Swansea roundabout avoiding either crazed or confused [perhaps both] blue rinse set Lake MacQuarians in their early model white Corollas doing donuts. I think all drivers [that lot included] were wondering what they were going to do next. Scary stuff :1yikes: