Surface suckers

pomey_git

Hi all,

I have been continuing my quest for an 80cm cod off the surface but have been coming up short.

Yesterday I went for a quick flick near my new house an had a belting session.

Squelching around the wet lands, flicking blind into the darkness in search of my green quarey. My lure scurrying over the surface without a look.

Eventually I found a small creek feeding a weed filled pool. I cautiously sent my pink koolabung cod walker under The outline of a pine tree. PLOP, bloop bloop bloop as with so many casts before. This cast however, was different. The faint sound of frogs croaking and cicadas chirping was shattered by an almighty bang.

My rod buckled and line came off my reel. After a bit of a tussle with both the fish and my head lamp, a stunning 50cm yellow was at my feet.

I was over the moon!!!!!! A pb yellow belly. A yellow belly on the surface! Woo hoo.

But the night was still young. I picked another up on te way back to the car! How lucky can you get!?!?

https://vimeo.com/117028852post-24607-14214753746188_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the quality guys. iPhone in the dark on my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

same. I've been reading since and it seems to be quite unusual.

Another guy I know has been taking them off the surface consistantly. I wonder if they are feeding on the beetles and stuff that are snuffing it at the moment.

Any thoughts

same. I've been reading since and it seems to be quite unusual.

Another guy I know has been taking them off the surface consistantly. I wonder if they are feeding on the beetles and stuff that are snuffing it at the moment.

Any thoughts

I've heard that it is possible to target then on surface but you've really gotta match the hatch or annoy the hell out of them. I've caught Silvers on surface but never Goldens. Keep it up!