Narrabeen Lagoon

ssalty

Gday Raiders,

Went for a fish on the kayak Saturday arvo at my usual spot, flicking white bait out onto the dropoff,almost a fish every cast. This time however i went home with a few keepers, 2 bream one at 27cm and the other at 30 cm then a nice flattie at 45cm. To tops things off i also caught a blue swimmer crab (a first for me) thought at first it was a bit of weed until i saw it,It let go off the bait but i managed to spoop it up in the net. So a very enjoyable arvo spent fishing , although my 2 mates i was with had the shits because they caught nothing.. Cant wait for next weekend!!!

regards.. Ssalty

Glad to hear the lake, I mean Lagoon is starting to fire! Nice net skills there Ssalty!

I've had a few goes myself on the Yak but only found tiddlers.. I got smoked by something decent which managed to shoot through some thick weed and snap my 8lb braid.. Devo.

Would be great to get a tip or two from you as to where to head?

Cheers,

M.

nice , were you at the front or back of the lake, ive seen a heap of crabs while prawning near the caravan park. Scooped up 2 but they were in berry so I let them go. also got an octopus on plastic as well..

ill start fishing it again after Australia day when all the holiday makers have gone. But with the water nice and warm those big girls should be in the shallows for sure.

To those of you who have asked my fav spot and most productive spot is the big sandbank in front of the house's on Wimbledon Ave that face west so the back end of the lake. regards Ssalty

Interesting Ssalty.. I've fished landbased from the end of Wimbledon ave with the odd big flatty, but not that section in the yak. Pretty keen to get the roof racks back on the car and take a look!

Guest zanderman

That section over at Wimbeldon Ave can produce some good fish but often crowded with families if you are land based on the weekend..

I've done the same as Marky. Fished that area land based, but never ventured there in the yak. Good news is that 10 estuaries along the east coast were boosted with a release of 40 million prawns in December. That includes Narrabeen lake. I don't know the movements or growth rate of prawns, but I'd suggest the edges of the weed beds would have to be very good prospecting territory now.

I've done the same as Marky. Fished that area land based, but never ventured there in the yak. Good news is that 10 estuaries along the east coast were boosted with a release of 40 million prawns in December. That includes Narrabeen lake. I don't know the movements or growth rate of prawns, but I'd suggest the edges of the weed beds would have to be very good prospecting territory now.

Gday nursie yep know about the prawns the local fishing club released them on behalf of fisheries, should be ready to collect now..