WD-40 A Gun Fishing Bait

FishingGuy

Hey Raiders,

Not sure if any of you have heard about this but apparently WD-40 is a heaps good fish attractant when sprayed on baits. Was up at Tuggerah Lakes the other day and a bloke there was using this method and managed a good Bream and a Flathead, he also got a massive Mud Crab, and I mean MASSVE!! He said that WD-40 had fish oil in it, so is there any truth in this?? Have you tried it before??

Cheers,

FishingGuy

From the horses mouth. There is NO fish oil in WD 40

Myth: WD-40® contains fish oil. Fact: Consumers have told us for years that they've caught some of the biggest fish ever after protecting their fish hooks and lures with WD-40®. We believe this legend came from folks assuming the product must contain fish oil since it appears to attract fish. Sorry Charlie®, it just ain’t so.

http://wd40.com/cool-stuff/myths-legends-fun-facts

WD-40 Company has taken steps to respect and conserve the environment, and encourages its users to do the same. WhileWD-40® can be used to help protect fishing equipment from rust and corrosion, WD-40Company does not recommend usingWD-40® to attract fish.

Edited by NaClH2OK9

That helps a lot was worried about treating pliers etc with anything on the chance it will leave a smell that would turn fish off. Looks like WD40 is my answer.

Cheers

Katoe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep I too have heard that rumour before and have seen a bait shop attendant actually spray a load of prawns that I had just bought with WD-40 telling me it was a great burley and attractant. I cant remember if we caught fish that day but I too always believed that it was just fish oil.

Oh well, I wont be using it on any bait soon anyway.

• 1 month later...

From the horses mouth. There is NO fish oil in WD 40

Myth: WD-40[emoji768] contains fish oil. Fact: Consumers have told us for years that they've caught some of the biggest fish ever after protecting their fish hooks and lures with WD-40[emoji768]. We believe this legend came from folks assuming the product must contain fish oil since it appears to attract fish. Sorry Charlie[emoji768], it just ain’t so.

http://wd40.com/cool-stuff/myths-legends-fun-facts

WD-40 Company has taken steps to respect and conserve the environment, and encourages its users to do the same. WhileWD-40[emoji768] can be used to help protect fishing equipment from rust and corrosion, WD-40Company does not recommend usingWD-40[emoji768] to attract fish.

WD40 recommends its spray as fish attractant.... True story

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk