Harbour bream flick

nbdshroom

Hi Raiders,

Had a few sessions in the harbour over the past fortnight with most fish caught in Hen and Chicken Bay and surrounds.

The most recent session saw myself and a mate getting hit nearly every cast during a hot bite with a rising tide over some weed and rock. We must have landed nearly 10 fish each and dropped twice as many. They were mostly undersize bream and flathead but it was definitely a lot of fun to continually feel the ticks in the line.

We did manage 4 legals with 3 around 30cms to keep us on our toes. Plastics that did the damage included the trusty Z-man grubz in motor oil and bloodworm and Powerbait minnowz.

The tailor didn't appear to be around in big numbers which is usually a good thing when fishing with plastics. The conditions were quite nice. Water clarity seems to be slowly returning to the harbour.

post-25384-0-87253200-1422960794_thumb.jpg

post-25384-0-58766500-1422960804_thumb.jpg

post-25384-0-58155000-1422960820_thumb.jpg

post-25384-0-72313500-1422960940_thumb.jpg

post-25384-0-43538500-1422961167_thumb.jpg

Nice fish!!!

Being new to the world of plastics, I might go buy a few of these to try. Any tips re technique would be appreciated (noting there are a few on youtube etc).

Cheers.

First of all, welcome to Fishraider. Definitely give plastics a try. Grab yourself some Zman grubz in motor oil and Squidgie wrigglers in bloodworm with 1/16oz size 2/4 hooks and you can't go wrong on the bream. Work them slowly with double hops and pauses and you should start seeing some results. Good luck.

Gotta love a hot bite! Zman grubs mate textbook.

Nothing quite like a hot bite in a suburban and heavily fished setting. Zman grubz is a bream slayer.

Well done Pete, As always great report and photos. From your efforts it's obvious I still have a lot to learn!

cheers

Richard

Thanks Richard. With a hot bite like this, I'm sure you would have picked up just as many bream!

First of all, welcome to Fishraider. Definitely give plastics a try. Grab yourself some Zman grubz in motor oil and Squidgie wrigglers in bloodworm with 1/16oz size 2/4 hooks and you can't go wrong on the bream. Work them slowly with double hops and pauses and you should start seeing some results. Good luck.

Nothing quite like a hot bite in a suburban and heavily fished setting. Zman grubz is a bream slayer.

Thanks Richard. With a hot bite like this, I'm sure you would have picked up just as many bream!

Thanks for the info. Will give it a crack this weekend and hopefully be posting pics of the results. Cheers

Thanks for the info. Will give it a crack this weekend and hopefully be posting pics of the results. Cheers

Happy to help, I look forward to hearing about it.

Pete

Sounds like real good fun!

Dave

Thanks Dave. Always a lot of fun to be out there catching fish and enjoying the sunshine.

Nice fish and informative report as usual Pete. Sounds like a nice session and well done.

Congratulations on your Moderator badge too!! I am sure you will do a tremendous job and thanks for helping out on the Site.

Keep up the top work.

All the best

Ian