Fishing sites stagnating

Fab1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mate

Hope you will get better

The key things is to look at some one worst than you are in as there are olenty people is worst

Try to get on the water when ever possible

I also have bowl, lung cancer and have been in chemo for two years

Every time ism on chemo, i wish there is a gun next to me so i can end it all. I keep on thinking that there. Are people worst than me like earthquake victims or similiar.

I push really hard to go fishing with my brother when possible and thats does pick me up abit more til the next session of chemo

Dr gave me 12 months to live year and a half ago but i am still fishing and working when possible so please go on as normal as pssible and NEVER give up

Xsite

post-12725-0-33217800-1455695829_thumb.jpgThanks for your good wishes.

I went fishing last Wednesday for the first time since my surgery 14 months ago.

I fished off Wattamolla for my 10 flathead. It was great to be out on the water again.

I was harassed by Green toads instead of the usual Leather Jackets. They would follow

my baits to the surface and then school under the boat, then chase my fresh bait down to the bottom again.

Those fresh Flathead sure taste good after a long layoff.

Thanks again for the good wishes and support.

Grandad

I will admit as a new member my activity was very light and consisted mostly of lurking but this really is the best fishing forum and I think this brings the best out of people.

After reading all the positive comments for about a year I felt compelled to contribute more and start being a poster rather than lurker.

Although my activity is still minimal this is due to a lack of fish and I try to put my 2 cents in where it's wanted to make up for this.

My hope is to get these waters figured out so that I can encourage more northern members to contribute as this is truly where fishraider is lacking (not to the fault of admin).

I am 25 and I don't have social media, for me fishraider is everything I'm missing out on that was good about facebook.

I originally joined fishraider after a session chasing e.p's at the entrance and had a good chat to Stewy and Donna where they introduced me to the site. They are truly both as kind as they are experienced fishos and I congratulate you both in making this what it is today (with the help of the mods of course).

I am however a tapatalk user which limits my use and I agree with Donna that it would be excellent if fishraider had it's own app as I don't tend to jump on the computer very often these days and it's great being able to do live reports too from your phone.

attachicon.gifFish_01.jpgThanks for your good wishes.

I went fishing last Wednesday for the first time since my surgery 14 months ago.

I fished off Wattamolla for my 10 flathead. It was great to be out on the water again.

I was harassed by Green toads instead of the usual Leather Jackets. They would follow

my baits to the surface and then school under the boat, then chase my fresh bait down to the bottom again.

Those fresh Flathead sure taste good after a long layoff.

Thanks again for the good wishes and support.

Grandad

Absolutely fantastic to see you get among them again Grandad. Hope you're well and truly on the mend and able to keep getting a decent feed, whenever you can. Good onya mate. Neil.

I have to admit, as someone who is pretty much a sole lurker on the site. I have noticed (despite what the analytics might say) an anecdotal drop in the posting of reports. Look at the Saltwater lure and fly section, barren as the mojave. I as a regular fisho however have also noticed less fish around, specifically the Sydney area as of late.

Keen to get some fish then post some reports.

I have to admit, as someone who is pretty much a sole lurker on the site. I have noticed (despite what the analytics might say) an anecdotal drop in the posting of reports. Look at the Saltwater lure and fly section, barren as the mojave. I as a regular fisho however have also noticed less fish around, specifically the Sydney area as of late.

Keen to get some fish then post some reports.

You make a good point Bluemarlin...posts have dropped off slightly. Most likely you are right in saying that fishing catches (in general) are fewer. It appears to be that way where I fish, too. Certainly people don't always post their "ordinary" days. However, compared to other forums, the amount of activity here has always been good. Lots of positive responses to people asking for help and advice. It's a great site and provides an enormous benefit to the fishing community. Cheers, Neil.

Hi All,

Just a thought from someone who has been a member for a few years but has done bugger all posts. I really only started lurking again when I got my boat last year so hopefully I will get some posts out there soon.

How about live posts like you did for the hairtail competition. It seemed to go down really well with the raiders.

It would be a good reason to post without going to a whole lot of detail and raiders would be more inclined to post if it was short and sweet.

Something like "Very quiet over here at Flint and Steel but did get one stonker bream". Only problem is you would get swarmed with fellow raiders if the fishing is going off so might be a good way to get info when the fishing is quiet.

Also would help with raiders who don't post when the fishing is quiet.

Maybe admin can trial one for a Friday or Saturday night by starting it off?

I'd love to hear raiders posts of catches as they happen.

• 10 months later...

Hullo All;

I have just joined up and I can see why the site is so popular.

No "Legends in their own lunchtime" with highly inflated egos.

An example; A previous site I was a member of there was a young fella asking questions about fishing the Bayview area in Pittwater wading the flats.

Comment from one of the above was "it's a big secret I won,t, tell you.":angry:

That area had been my stamping ground ever since I was a kid until we moved to Tassie.

What I did was put a reply on open forum and near told the young bloke what strand of weed to cast to!!

He caught fish.

Good luck to him!!

You should have seen the abusive emails I received after that post.

Example two same forum;

There were a few of the above "experts" slagging off at professionals.

I put a polite reply on the forum pointing out that if pros fished to the letter of the law they are primary producers.

That went down like a lead  balloon.

These "experts" were patting each other on the back boasting how much cash etc. they had won in bream tournaments.

My reply to that was "If you are fishing for gain or reward that makes YOU a professional>"

Guess what??

I was barred from the site.:lol:

That is the reason I have joined here to enjoy a waffle on.

Cheers All.

Oldfella.

Well Old Fella there are a few legends in their own lunch time like me :-rolleyes but for giving up your spots so others can catch fish is what Fishraider is all about.

We have a private messaging system just like the cone of silence in GET SMART and you can tell all with out being strung up by the balls.

Welcome aboard

• 3 months later...
30 minutes ago, harold said:

Donna, it is interesting as the Fishraider analytics spread is pretty similar to ours with IPhones being over represented.

While I love the layout of the iOS on the Apple phones, I personally avoid them. I can't stand things being changed every generation or two (new charger cable types - no other phones use lightning), the removal of the headphone jack "just because", and the compatibility issues with non-Apple products. 

For ease-of-use, if you get an iPhone you may as well also get a Mac desktop/laptop, and they're just too far out of my price range. Another advantage is I can save even more money by building my own PC :)

Cheers,

Wellzy