Bream on surface after work :)

Witha

G'day raiders!

Been a while since I've put up a report (now that I've found my photos a bigger report will follow)

But had to chuck up my first success with bream on surface lures!

Been working near strathfield for a while so I've had the opportunity to head down to the Parra on the way home. Stopped off Thursday afternoon a couple of hours into the run in, found the water at the back of the bay to only be a Metre deep at most so surface was the order of the day!

Have been flicking these lures around periodically this summer but only managed tailor so far ( they're still so fun though with their violent smash!)

Started flicking a little 3b scumdog around and had boils and missed hits a plenty! Haven't had many hits lately on surface so I couldn't resist persisting after I was due home to cook for the Mrs [emoji14]

Eventually after twitching and pausing for a while I hear a massive "bream kiss" a splash, and my drag sings!

Finally!

After a very spirited fight in came a nice 30 cm model!

2ca7b350d575d5634dbc90e65b8d129e.jpg

To say I was stoked is an understatement. Think I'll be using these a bit more often now!

Setup was my new patriarch 1-3kg rod (beautiful rod and a new favourite) paired with my sweet little 2004h luvias 0.6pe braid and 4 lb leader.

Thanks for reading guys!

Bigger report with my recent adventures to come :)

Cheers

Witha

Great work mate nice bream I've got a few off surface and the hit is very cool. All surface bream have come on 3b scum dogs in pink no other lure will beat it IMO

Cheers sydneyfisher12

Thanks mate yeah its an awesome strike. Used the brown purple one a colour I've got in a few lures and they seem to like it! I'll have to try the pink!

Congrats man! Always nice to get a first. Now you need to teach me how to work them. ;)

Haha mate any time (if you don't mind learning off a one hit wonder [emoji14] need a session soon regardless man)

Nice work mate! Was there any structure their like a weed bed or something? I haven't had the chance to throw surface lures around as much as I hoped this summer

Mate there was actually zero structure. Just endless sand / mud in the back of the bay. looked like typical flatty only territory so when I started getting boils I was surprised [emoji14] weed beds would be ideal gotta find some good ones.

Get em out while the weathers still warm mate!

Well done Witha and very nice fish.

May this be the first of many more to come for you off the surface.

Nice report and thanks for sharing.

All the best

Ian

Cheers Chelub! I know you're a keen surface fisherman so I can finally say I know why you love it haha