Copeton Dam

Inveterate

Hi Inveterate, long time since I've fished Copeton. Have fished it when it was 7% and also nearly full. Wouldn't be my ideal choice...always found Pindari Dam to fish much better, personally. Why don't you Google both sites and get current info on camping, ramps, etc. I can tell you that cheese is good for Cod and the local scrub worms are good for everything. Good luck, let us know how you go. Neil.

G'day,

I am an ex-Inverell local who used to go to the dam all the time.

The old man and I used to go to the Northern side of the dam and never left without a bundle of fish. If you look more for the little bays and creeks that run of the side to the main body of water there are aways a ton fish there. For bait we always use standard worms or lures.

The previous post was right though, sun up and sun down and watch the weather real close cause it can turn nasty real quick.

As far as camping goes, if you go through the main entry on the western side of the dam and head right you cannot go wrong, There are plenty of sites and some facilities such as showers etc. If you follow that road right up you can get away from all the usual folk there at that time of year and there are pretty decent fishing spots.

If you happen to be in Inverell itself, head down to Ken Sparke marine in ring street and ask for Simon. He is a mate who is out there all the time and might be able to point you to some more decent spots.

Lastly, on your way out possibly, head down to Bingara which is just below the dam. About 15km out there are a serious of deep holes which have some massive european carp in them. You can't eat em, but they are fun as hell to fight!.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

Edited by michael2203