What is your favourite brand of braid (20lb+ range)?

benm

Well, I understand this topic has been done to death but technology is constantly improving so I am bringing it up again.

I have always been a fan of Power Pro. Good quality, strong, but compared to some other brands I have recently seen on the market, it is not as smooth or thin so casting distance is less.

So my question to fellow raiders is, what is your favourite brand of braid in the 20lb+ range?

I personally like Sunline Super PE and it's great in the 20lb range. I also don't mind Power Pro but I've only used it in much smaller diameters.

A couple I've tried that I don't like are Fireline and Fins both of these seem super wiry and rigid compared to many other brands. 6lb Fins feels like 12lb but surprisingly still casts well and knot strength is good.

Sunline Super PE has it all in my opinion.

I think it is personal taste. Not sure if there is much difference. Most major/ recognised brands all perform well. ( IMO )

Probably might depend on what style of fishing you are doing and the makeup of your rod and real. Maybe your fishing skills as well.

As one poster said he do`s not like fireline. Alot of people don`t but I love it for bream + whiting sessions...... But I do agree it takes getting use to.

Knots are a problem. Also wears easily and you need to replace the knot at times.

Technology is changing so fast that it is hard to keep upto date on what is new and works.

Not sure if you can go bye what tournament fisho`s use. Are we as fisho`s getting too technical.