Anyone taken their yak out near clifton gardens?

night_rider

So after being out on a mates boat and seeing the boiling water and surface action I'm tempted to take my yak out and give it a go from a different angle..

I've got a double seat so called 'ocean' yak, just a cheapie but it's pretty stable and has plenty of space and rod holders.

Any tips on heading out near Clifton Gardens apart from avoiding the hire boat heroes and getting in the way of a cruise ship or ferry...

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Mark

Tip 1: bring some shrapnel as buying a ticket for parking is a must... the rangers are scrupulous.

Good tip. I went there LB a few weeks back and got a ticket obviously, as I was paying one of the families said lucky you're paying, we all missed our tickets by 15 minutes, and the same ranger had been back 4 times already and it was only 2pm.... About 10 of them got fines in one go.

G'Day Mark,

CGs is my go to off my kayak. Have been reasonably successful there over the years. This is a great time of the year to chase pelagics around the Bay.

My Kayak is under repairs atm.

PM me.

Anthony

Thanks Anthony. I'll drop you a PM.

I've been out on a boat chasing the pelagics around there but thought I'd give the Yak a try.

Cheers