Sunday 'yakking the Cooks

Witha

G'day raiders!

So I've been plugging away at the cooks for quite a while now land based and figured it was time to take the yak out and get a different angle on some bream and possible jew spots I've been listing over.

Got a couple of mates together and launched near the Princes highway bridge at about 5am, despite being such a brutally polluted waterway it sure is stunning at sunrise! Flicked bigger plastics around at the bridges and holes looking for something silver but no love at the high tide mark and the start of the runout, so we decided to swap to bream kit and work our way from Tempe down.

The other blokes made the gear switch first and a couple of flatties came on board, bit of friendly ribbing about my doughnut status had me casually throw a zman grub down the pylon next to where we were rafted up and pull out a small bream straight away, give the boys the bird and paddle off :)

fb3615a4cd24b0ee484e368eb4b8d6e4.jpg

Paddled off further down river working the rock wall and came up with another small fish, always fun on 4lb leader though :)

4603942601b17db1d2eab767166173c7.jpg

The silly string would soon be my undoing though, as I flicked my lure at a patch of Shadows it was immediately pummeled by a very very good fish, which I couldn't turn and the drag never stopped zinging until he rubbed me off on the oysters! Little bugger made a b line for them, knew exactly where to go [emoji35]

Continued on slightly gutted and managed another couple of decent fish, my mates pulling another half dozen good bream and and little trev that went really hard as they do.

The sun was beating down by that stage and we headed back to the ramp against wind and tide for a bloody good arm workout. ..with my mate in his new hobie laughing the whole time. [emoji36]

All in all a really good session despite the lack of jew. Going to have to put a lot more time Into working out the area as its very different trying to work an area compared to land based.

Couple of pics and another cracker of a bream that went 37 I picked up yesterday arvo on a little hard body at rozelle. Been a good week can't wait to get out again even if I have to decontaminate myself and my gear after the nasty water haha.

Thanks for reading :)

Witha

7dd6d8d8d0e06b23c5accaaace2c1f58.jpg

78e2cab042d07a178719b9a3660ecdb1.jpg

918ca3d225d41e3dd1bac88897c288dd.jpg

Nice Witha. :biggrinthumb:

Ill hopefully have a fish at Tempe tomorrow.

Thanks mate, let me know how you go at Tempe!

Good stuff Witha. Nothing quite like a bit of friendly ribbing to spice up the session. Top bream btw.

Haha was a good day mate. Cheers :) gotta love slowly slowly heading towards 40cm!

Sounds like a fun session man, and that bream from Rozelle looks like a big boy. Did you get him on a diver? Sure another slab of silver will come your way soon.

Thanks man, yeah was a fat and healthy fish. All the bream seem to be in good nick lately!

Yup got him on a little prawn / shad diver in a brown purple mix. Literally thought I'd snagged on the step as it took it actually at my feet!

Needa catch up for a session mate. Might come somewhere I can actually eat things for once haha

The Cooks keeps producing the goods, such a pity about the pollution .

For edibles you could try around the marina on the SW side of the spit.

Get in early and get a park in Clontarf the street behind the viaduct .

Easy beach launch. Big fish.

Nice report Witha and some quality fish to go with it.

Looks like a relaxing and tranquil morning out on the water with good company.

Well done mate and keep up the terrific work.

Thanks for sharing.

All the best

Ian