An old dog that needs new tricks

Old Salty

Hello Raiders,

My name is Dan, new to Fishraider as of last night, love reading all the info on here and the reports.

I was not sure where to put this but i guess here is as good a place as anywhere haha, I have been back fishing for only 6 weeks

or so but with no luck, or skill for that matter hehe, only land based but plan on purchasing a boat after July. I am keen to learn as much as i can, not only from the shore but from a boat.

I am 50 years old, fit and have most of my own gear and what i don't have will get on your advice. i come with a built in sense of humour

but am not an idiot (please don't verify that with my wife).

If anyone is kind enough to help me out, i will help out with costs where needed and the boat and fish cleanup at the end of the day/night.

Kind regards Dan.

PS: not sure if i should put my mobile number here, but pm me and i will get back to you asap.

Your name: Danny

Your Location: Ingleburn but have car and will travel
Fishing technique: Hope for the best
Availability: Late weekday afternoons/weekend
Preferred location: Botany Bay, Port Hacking/ Sydney Harbour/ open to suggestions.
Provide your own gear? Yes
Provide your own boat? No

Edited by Old Salty

Hi mrsswordfisherman, thank you for the welcome. I hope your right in relation to getting some takers, I don't want to freeload,

i just want some knowledge and experience and if i can help anyone else out, i would be happy to. thanks again. regards Dan

Guest no one

Welcome Dan,

I hope you find everything you need from Fishraider!

Could you provide a bit more info on what you're looking for... what fish you're keen to catch, catch and release or catch & cook?

Once we know everything then it should only be a matter of time until the right offer comes along! Also, when buying a boat the members here can give you some great advice on what to look for in 2nd hand boats to make sure they work 100%.

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures!

Ed

G'day Ed, thanks for the welcome, I would be happy with table fish, Bream, Flathead, Snapper, Jewfish and Dream would be to catch a kingy but i doubt that will happen lol. I was hinting to my wife and daughter for a charter to take me outside fishing for my 50th last month, but that did not eventuate, seriously mate, i would just love to be able to get out and learn as much as i can, i want to become a fisho info sponge, I don't know a lot about soft plastics, so i am going to research some info on them and learn some decent knots as well.

I don;t like being greedy, in fact i see it as a waste to take more than i need, I would love to keep enough to be able to take dinner home to the family then release. I enjoy the challenge of the sport, then release to live another day.

Thanks again Ed,

regards Dan

Welcome Dan. You will have heaps of fun "learning" all the modern fishing techniques. There's not many fishing techniques /practices that escape the Fishraider gang. I'm sure you will find what you need here. Alas I live in the bush so am not much help to you. Soft plastics fishing is a cheap and very effective way to catch a feed. Good luck, Neil.

Welcome Dan. You will have heaps of fun "learning" all the modern fishing techniques. There's not many fishing techniques /practices that escape the Fishraider gang. I'm sure you will find what you need here. Alas I live in the bush so am not much help to you. Soft plastics fishing is a cheap and very effective way to catch a feed. Good luck, Neil.

Hi Neil, thanks for the welcome. As i see from reading posts on fishraider a fair bit has changed. What part of our great countryside are ypou, I hail from a property outside of Tambar Springs, NSW Have a great day. Dan