bobbin head, fell off his bike, bought a boat, wants to learn to fish. AM weekends only. SSIA

evilbofh

Hi guys,

I use to ride my push bike on the weekends but after an little accident I cant ride anymore, so I went out and bought a 5m Quintrex Cubby cab to be able to get out on the water and learn to fish, added a few rods and tackle and a fish finder. But I haven't fished since I was a kid and that is over 30 years ago..

I prefer to drop the boat in at apple tree bay as it is a stones throw from home, but Rowland reserve or Roseville once in a while is also an option.

I have been out a few time with both friend and my sons and pulled up a few Bream, Taylor and a Soapies, up Cowan and in Pittwater, both with bait and lures but nothing too exciting.

I read all the time about king fish, salmon, big squid and snapper but really have no idea how or where to find them and if I did what technic I should use.

So if anyone would like to hang alone early on a weekend morning just inbox me and hope we can come home with dinner.

Edited by evilbofh

• 2 weeks later...

Apple tree bay which is about 1km from Bobbin head, has a boat ramp, so you can launch your boat and fish Cowan creek. National park yes, fishing allowed yes. But I'm not sure if crab pots or nets are allowed in the park but there is no problems with line fishing.. From Apple Tree Bay it only takes about 30 mins on the power boat to get to Broken Bay, and then the Hawkesbury River, Pittwater and even the open ocean is available to you. BTW I managed to catch some good sized blue mackerel or slimies. Also Apple Tree Bays off the wharf, is not bad place to catch arrow squid.