Allow Me To Introduce Myself

mrsswordfisherman

Hey my name is Jords. Been fishing since I was a young lad back in the 90’s but only just started getting a bit more serious and well, addicted. Love being in the outdoors and nature and the idea of being able to catch a fish for dinner, but also keen to throw back anything that is better off in the water for the populations. Usually fish around the Hawkesbury and sometimes up the coast of NSW (smiths lakes/forster/ port Stephens) and some beach fishing around the northern beaches. Still learning about soft plastics and have had some luck but nothing substantial. Get a lot out of reading people’s amazing knowledge and experience and already had more luck and fish after joining. 

Only picture I could find was a bream off the beach at last light (and my last cast with last bit of pilchard. 

C5DCD809-844B-408E-A17E-4C7C1934082D.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jordswalt said:

Hey my name is Jords. Been fishing since I was a young lad back in the 90’s but only just started getting a bit more serious and well, addicted. Love being in the outdoors and nature and the idea of being able to catch a fish for dinner, but also keen to throw back anything that is better off in the water for the populations. Usually fish around the Hawkesbury and sometimes up the coast of NSW (smiths lakes/forster/ port Stephens) and some beach fishing around the northern beaches. Still learning about soft plastics and have had some luck but nothing substantial. Get a lot out of reading people’s amazing knowledge and experience and already had more luck and fish after joining. 

Only picture I could find was a bream off the beach at last light (and my last cast with last bit of pilchard. 

Welcome Jords,

The old last cast produces again. Problem with plastics is that that last cast can turn into about 30 last casts. Once again welcome.

cheers

Richard

• Thanks 1

Hello, I grew up fishing around Hobart and lost my way when I moved to Sydney for work. I've finally just got back into it after recently buying a boat...it's now just a matter of finding the time between work, wife and two kids. I've been coming to these forums for information for a while now, so I thought I'd finally sign up to this forum instead of just lurking!

Finally got to take the boat out on the weekend, but I've no idea what I caught, so over to "The Aquarium" for me...

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Windswept said:

Hello, I grew up fishing around Hobart and lost my way when I moved to Sydney for work. I've finally just got back into it after recently buying a boat...it's now just a matter of finding the time between work, wife and two kids. I've been coming to these forums for information for a while now, so I thought I'd finally sign up to this forum instead of just lurking!

Finally got to take the boat out on the weekend, but I've no idea what I caught, so over to "The Aquarium" for me...

Cheers,

Ian

Welcome to you Ian. 

I love it when lurkers finally join us ;)

look forward to reading your reports and the Aquarium will be the perfect place to start

• Like 1

Welcome Ian. Good luck with the transition from Hobart to Sydney. Hope you manage to get the balance right...even 5% time spent fishing is great for the soul. Look forward to reading your posts down the track. Cheers, bn 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Anthony here, I've lived in Sydney most of my life and used to fish quite regularly when I was young. Took a long hiatus with work, travel and girls...

Now married and with kids, I'm back into fishing as I want my kids to have a crack down the track.

Fishing mostly weekends and will eventually get around to getting my own boat again. Just inshore and rock fishing right now.

Thought I should join as I've been using the forums as a guest for information.

Tight lines guys

1 hour ago, connico said:

Hi Guys,

Anthony here, I've lived in Sydney most of my life and used to fish quite regularly when I was young. Took a long hiatus with work, travel and girls...

Now married and with kids, I'm back into fishing as I want my kids to have a crack down the track.

Fishing mostly weekends and will eventually get around to getting my own boat again. Just inshore and rock fishing right now.

Thought I should join as I've been using the forums as a guest for information.

Tight lines guys

Welcome Anthony look forward to your posts and hope you enjoy this next phase of your life ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm Yuri, I lived most of my life in Brazil and went fishing a couple of times when I was little. I moved to Sydney 2 years ago and started to get back fishing recently. Fishing mostly on weekends and sometimes at night during the week on the northern beaches.

I'm a beginner and keen to learn more about this sport, which I found out a nice way to relax and decompress.

Thank you for accepting me in. Good catch to all.

Cheers

Y

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Howdy all.

Stumbled across this and figured ill join in and introduce myself.

Name's Adam. Im from Sydney and quite new to FR but Ive fished my whole life - and like us all here I just cant get enough.

My wife and I travel when and where we can and of course...fish any country we visit. Been to mauritius, Thailand, Fiji, various parts of Aus. Next is Japan. Of course, shes the one who usually outfishes me...but hey, thats married life aye...

As much as I like asking people for tips and improving my fishing, i always try to help others out if i can.

Glad to be part of FR.

Tight lines.

IMG-20180613-WA0000.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, big Neil said:

A warm welcome to Fishraider Adam and wife. Will be catching up with your reports in due course, no doubt. The fish in the photo looks a bit like a Carp. Is that Fiji? Cheers, bn

G'day big Neil.

Thanks. Yes hopefully some more reports to share soon...besides the blackies of late. Hopefully a few jewies (if im lucky) or some big Noahs in the weeks to come. Just hanging for a chance to get somw time off work ? story of our lives i guess...

The photo is of a Siamese Carp that i caught in Thailand. Went in at 23kgs. Tonnes of aligator gar, redtail and mekong catfish up to 30kgs.

Fiji...not much from there unfortunately. A big barracuda, a missed wahoo and a few whiting like fish. Truly a beautiful place to visit and the locals are just as great.

• Like 1

Hello From Daytona Beach, Florida!

I came across this place searching for popping rods which are impossible to get here in the states as fishing here is different from where you all are at, and frankly Im jealous!

There are a few places online we can get popping rods from but they are crazy expensive or the other alternative is to have one built which again is over $500 depending on what blank.... either way it'll cost over $500.

As far as buying one from your part of the world, virtually everyone does not ship here to the U.S. for some reason as Ive found many rods that are super affordable such as the Daiwa Demon Blood 17 962MH.... which is the rod I was searching for which led me to here BTW.

Many of us here in the U.S. envy your shoregame fishing, particularly GT's, we have its smaller cousin here the Jack Crevalle which get to about 30lbs, the Florida state record is 57lbs, but they do give one helluva fight so I can only imagine what a 50lbs or more GT would feel like....

Just like others here, we only get to see what your fishing scene is like on YouTube channels like the MorningTide Fishing boys, ifishTV, etc, etc but a few of our popular YouTube anglers here in the U.S. have gone to your neck of the woods for the GT experience which one day I will do the same.

Our fishing scene is great but you have it better over there.

Anyways....

Nice to meet you all and hopefully someone can point me in the direction to where I can get a Daiwa Demon Blood 17 962MH from someone who will ship to the U.S.

Edited by davidshinobi
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, davidshinobi said:

I came across this place searching for popping rods which are impossible to get here in the states as fishing here is different from where you all are at, and frankly Im jealous!

There are a few places online we can get popping rods from but they are crazy expensive or the other alternative is to have one built which again is over $500 depending on what blank.... either way it'll cost over $500.

As far as buying one from your part of the world, virtually everyone does not ship here to the U.S. for some reason as Ive found many rods that are super affordable such as the Daiwa Demon Blood 17 962MH.... which is the rod I was searching for which led me to here BTW.

Many of us here in the U.S. envy your shoregame fishing, particularly GT's, we have its smaller cousin here the Jack Crevalle which get to about 30lbs, the Florida state record is 57lbs, but they do give one helluva fight so I can only imagine what a 50lbs or more GT would feel like....

Just like others here, we only get to see what your fishing scene is like on YouTube channels like the MorningTide Fishing boys, ifishTV, etc, etc but a few of our popular YouTube anglers here in the U.S. have gone to your neck of the woods for the GT experience which one day I will do the same.

Anyways....

Nice to meet you all and hopefully someone can point me in the direction to where I can get a Daiwa Demon Blood 17 962MH from someone who will ship to the U.S.

Welcome to fishraider David! There’s plenty of knowledge and experience on this site! 

Pose any fishing related questions in the “fishing chat” section and I’m sure someone will have your answer! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2018 at 1:59 AM, davidshinobi said:

Anyways....

PM sent

Hi Guys,

The names Micheal (25) and l am currently based at Neutral Bay (North Sydney). I have been fishing for a little over 5 Months now and currently loving it, Looking to gain a few fishing buddy's to go with as my mates and Mrs cant stand the sport (Not complaining gives me a break from them all) hahaha.

I am currently learning the ropes still but loving all the help and valuable information provided on this forum, so thank you to all the moderators and members for your constant help!

I have 5 Rods all with different spec's from a beach rod combo to a small jigging rod combo.
I have all my own gear (tbh more then l need at this stage) but l like to be prepared) - 

If your keen to have a fish l am always happy to get together and see what we can catch and learn some new techniques to get some monsters.

I am currently going fishing tonight and tomorrow night - 25.07.18 @ 5.30pm / 26.07.18 @ 5.30pm (Let me know if your willing to join me, looking to go Mosman or somewhere close to home as l would love to be back home around 11pm at latest! 

Look forward to some reply's and hopefully gain a fishing mate for the years to come!

Regards, 
Micheal 

aka. Fishing.Hooked

P.B
37CM Bream @ (Kurnell) 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:55 AM, Jords boi said:

Yo!

I'm based in Sydney and looking to go for a fish, If your keen to get together and see what we can catch hit me up.

PM'd you bro 

Regards,
Micheal

aka. Fishing.Hooked

G'day Michael. Welcome to the forum. Always great to see new faces joining.

I usually fish the Northern Beaches off the rocks or the Harbour early am. Im going for luderick this Saturday crack of dawn around Lane Cove if you wanna join. 

Most of the time if theres a good swell I'll fish the rocks around northern beaches so if you want to learn some rock hopping one day im happy to show you the ropes next time I'm out that way. 

Feel free to ask for advice in the chat. Plenty of good hearted raiders with a wealth of knowledge they're happy to share and teach us young blokes. 

Keep us posted how your trips go. 

Tight lines.

16 minutes ago, Kracka said:

G'day Michael. Welcome to the forum. Always great to see new faces joining.

I usually fish the Northern Beaches off the rocks or the Harbour early am. Im going for luderick this Saturday crack of dawn around Lane Cove if you wanna join. 

Most of the time if theres a good swell I'll fish the rocks around northern beaches so if you want to learn some rock hopping one day im happy to show you the ropes next time I'm out that way. 

Feel free to ask for advice in the chat. Plenty of good hearted raiders with a wealth of knowledge they're happy to share and teach us young blokes. 

Keep us posted how your trips go. 

Tight lines.

Hey Kracka,

I have taken on some extra work this Saturday for some extra cash but after that I'm free most weekend, l really apricate the offer tho and will definitely Hit you up soon to learn some methods you mentioned, l will PM you my number now and let me know next time you head out!

Im going tonight to Kurraba Point just trying to figure out the place around there! Any tips ?

Regards,
Micheal

Hey mate. No probs. I'll keep you posted when I go. I'm a shift worker so my days off are all over the place lol. 

Kurraba point is a good place for blackfish on a runout tide.  Same goes for cremorne point. Never tried for bream around there but I'd put my money on some thumpers being there early morning, late arvo to dark.  Leather jacket I would be around too I assume. Key would be fishing an hour or two either side of a tide and look for the structure I. E. Jetties, dropoffs, kelp etc. 

I like to fish a ballasted float or better yet... Unweighted bait in a thin but regular barley trail. Should see you onto some fish. If you go for the blackies, some nice string weed should do the trick. At night they'll take prawns and cunjevoi too. Just keep your hooks a little smaller.  I. E.  Size 6 to 4.

Maybe u can post up on the chat board. I'm sure there's a few raiders who will fish that spot more regularly than I would. 

3 hours ago, Fishing.Hooked said:

Hey Kracka,

I have taken on some extra work this Saturday for some extra cash but after that I'm free most weekend, l really apricate the offer tho and will definitely Hit you up soon to learn some methods you mentioned, l will PM you my number now and let me know next time you head out!

Im going tonight to Kurraba Point just trying to figure out the place around there! Any tips ?

Regards,
Micheal

Put Kurraba in the search box above, i'm sure you'll get heaps of results

cheers

richard

1 hour ago, nutsaboutfishing said:

Put Kurraba in the search box above, i'm sure you'll get heaps of results

cheers

richard

Yeah I did mate, unfortunately is all topics from 2009 or 2006,  I know most prob not much would change but wasn't from these areas originally and wasn't into to fishing at a early age (no one showed me or made the effort to teach me)

Just wanted some recent information on the area but lucky enough l have someone with a lot of experience coming down to shed some light with me this evening! 

10 minutes ago, Fishing.Hooked said:

Yeah I did mate, unfortunately is all topics from 2009 or 2006,  I know most prob not much would change but wasn't from these areas originally and wasn't into to fishing at a early age (no one showed me or made the effort to teach me)

Just wanted some recent information on the area but lucky enough l have someone with a lot of experience coming down to shed some light with me this evening! 

That was the time when plenty of people still shared information about their fishing spots on fishing forums.