Allow Me To Introduce Myself

mrsswordfisherman

Hi Raiders,

I'm James and am 15 years old. I live in Gladesville, Sydney on the Parramata River and have fished since the age of four. The first time i ever went fishing was with my grandpa at Forster, and from that day on i was hooked for life.

I continued to fish with my grandpa (even to this day) in his little 3.9m Stacer Runabout in both Lake Munmorah, and Lake Macquarie, where we own a holiday house. When I was 11 years old my parents bought a 5.6m Quinnie Spirit and as soon as i turned 12 i took my junior licence test, getting 100%, this was hoped for considering i had spent the previous 6 months reading nothing else but the waterways laws and fishing mags!

In december 2008 I bought myself a little 12foot tinny and an old 15hp evinrude, so that myself and my partner in crime, Matt, could fish sydney harbour together. Him and myself spend our money on nothing but fishing gear and we always have competitions to see who can land the best fish when we go out, which is virtually every weekend.

If anybody reads this and lives localy to me perhaps we could meet up and go for a fish some time? I'm always keen to make new friends who enjoy fishing as passionately as myself.

Edited by fisherman1994

Hi All....FWAFF63 is my name (which stands for Fella With A Fishing Fetish) and with 63 being the year I was born, yes I am pushing the darker side of the 40's.

The thing that gives me such a buzz about Fishraider is when people say they have been fishing since their adolescence and there is a real demonstration of passion in their stories. This also leaves me with a feeling of jealousy, as I know the "Salt Water Gods" have not blessed me with such favourable conditions in my life.

I have only been fishing with my mates for the past 3 years (give or take a month or two). We do make the most of every opportunity and usually head via boat towards the Hawkesbury River area, or on land wherever we can.

I am new to the soft plastics side of things and only had a brief dabble, preferring to stick to the fresh stuff. I hope to be able to gain further experience with the SP's.

As I am extremely new to the site and the fishing game in general, I hope to gain many tips and enjoy the yarns, laughs and passionanate stories that continue to lighten up the site.

HAPPY FISHING ALL..... :1fishing1:

Cheers

Glen

G'day raiders.

Long time reader, first time poster.

I'm a member from Mexico (I mean Melbourne, so don't hold that against me :1prop: )

My name is Paul and i'm 23. Very keen lure fisherman, mainly chasing bream and have recently got into tournament fishing (ABT and Vic Bream).

Will be coming up to Sydney in a few weeks to pick up my new bass boat, so can't wait to wet a line in NSW :thumbup:

Hi all!,

My name is Matthew and i am currently 17, I live on the northern beaches and love fishing. I have been fishing all my life. I first was intorduced into fishing by my dad when he want to lake jindabyne for trout. I have loved it ever since. I am currently a 1/3 owner in a haines hunter 585sf with my parents. I try to get out into pittwater atleast twice a month or even put my boat in the harbour. I am slowly learning more and more about fishing every time i read a post, or go out with mates. I really enjoy beach fishing and rock fishing. I just got my red P's :thumbup: and own a car. I am always keen for a fish (unless i have asisignment due). So yeah thats me..

Cheers Young Gun

Edited by Young Gun

• 1 month later...

Hey guys my names Mick,

I live in Sydney in Panania/Picnic Point area love fishing probably go about 3 or 4 times a weeks after work or whenever i can get out down the Georges.

Been fishing since i was a nipper i've now just turned 21 and have become a lot more keen on the fishing of late, am loving the site so far and it's providing me with some great information and allowing me to chuck in my own 2 cents.

Look forward to chatting with you all and maybe even catching up for a fish sometime.

Cheers!! Mick :beersmile::thumbup:

Hey guys my names Mick,

I live in Sydney in Panania/Picnic Point area love fishing probably go about 3 or 4 times a weeks after work or whenever i can get out down the Georges.

Been fishing since i was a nipper i've now just turned 21 and have become a lot more keen on the fishing of late, am loving the site so far and it's providing me with some great information and allowing me to chuck in my own 2 cents.

Look forward to chatting with you all and maybe even catching up for a fish sometime.

Cheers!! Mick :beersmile::thumbup:

We are glad you are enjoying the Site, Mick :yahoo:

Looking forward to a few good reports in the future.

Cheers Admin

Hi All,

My Name is Leo, Born in 1981. Fishing started as a family activity with my ol man taking us out for a fish every now and then. Some of my most happy memories are fishing trips with family and friends when i was a kid. so i'll be sure if the oppertunity presents, to pass this on to my kids.

me and the missus, just got our first home and will be moving in to Mortdale next week. Now i only have to drive under 2mins to get to a fishing spot instead of over 30mins. I can't wait for lazy weekends by the georges river.

i saw two raiders on the fishraider.com boat on the georges yesterday. and it's no lie, they really did pull up a very nice jewie after a EP. i was so suprized, i'v only heard of rumors of large jewies in the river untill yesterday.

good on ya's thou, nice catch.

Hi All,

My Name is Leo, Born in 1981. Fishing started as a family activity with my ol man taking us out for a fish every now and then. Some of my most happy memories are fishing trips with family and friends when i was a kid. so i'll be sure if the oppertunity presents, to pass this on to my kids.

me and the missus, just got our first home and will be moving in to Mortdale next week. Now i only have to drive under 2mins to get to a fishing spot instead of over 30mins. I can't wait for lazy weekends by the georges river.

i saw two raiders on the fishraider.com boat on the georges yesterday. and it's no lie, they really did pull up a very nice jewie after a EP. i was so suprized, i'v only heard of rumors of large jewies in the river untill yesterday.

good on ya's thou, nice catch.

:1welcomeani: to the Site Leo and it was nice to meet you and Paul yesterday :thumbup:

Cheers Stewy

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

New to this website, thought I would introduce myself first.

Based in Western Sydney, used to go fishing with the old man but lost interest after a while, now looking to get back into it. PB was a rock cod up near Nambucca Heads eons ago.

No gear yet apart from my sons Bart Simpson rod and reel combo but looking to get some gear at Christmas from the old man

I hope you don't mind if at first I ask a lot of questions.. etc especially are there any marine parks around Sydney that you are not allowed to fish?

Talk to you all soon.

Ps if the mods could delete the other post, i made that before I found this one. Thanks

Althasaur.

Hi Raiders,

Id like to introduce myself.

My Name is Nathan I am 25 years old and I live In Toongabbie (Western Sydney).

I have always been into fishing but was never fishing for certain species or using rigs soft plastics or anything like that, just a sinker and a hook and whatever bait I could buy from the servo and would hope for the best.

My first real haul was when I was 15 at Swansea just off the side of the Bridge there before they renovated the piers. I remember dropping the line over the side and down maybe 1 meter at the most and me and my mates Dad were just ripping Bream out of the water one by one all In the 40cm's range and would have caught at least 20 each cant remember how many were kept but all I know is since that day I can honestly say that I have never experienced anything like that!!!!!

I joined Fish raider at the Beginning of the Year and all the PB'S I have on my Signature have been caught since becoming a Raider and most have been because of other Raiders posts and learning from them also..

I have set myself a Goal for the Christmas break to land my First King and will definitely give it everything I have and appreciate other people posting their success and rough Location as this is very helpful as being Land based Its hard to find the Kingies so thanks Guys.

And I forgot to mention that I am Married and have a beautiful 1 year old daughter who hopefully one day will become my fishing Apprentice of course when my fishing gets better ....

I go fishing every chance I get and Ill post just about anything just to keep fellow Raiders Informed after all that's what this site is all about.....

Attached is a photo of My Little Girl Ellie-Jean I know I normally post pics of Fish but this is a Pb that I cant beat!!!!!

All the Best Raiders,

Regards,

Nathan

post-9366-1260083010_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

G'day everyone my names Chris but pretty much everyone calls me Gremlin, I'm a 24 guy from Western Sydney in a place called Wentworthville which is right near Parramatta for those who don't know where it is

I've only just rediscovered the passion I once had for fishing when a mate of mine said they were going fishing, one thing led to another and I've found I'm spending all my free time reading everything I can to try and remember everything I have forgotten and to learn everything I never knew which led me to finding this site, I've spent the past week or so reading old reports and threads all over this site for hours on end so I thought it was time I joined up!

I grew up near a creek that had some monster Carp and some huge Long Finned Eels and one day that I can still remember like yesterday when I was about 8 or 9 I was shopping with my Mum and Dad at Target and I disappeared into the fishing section in awe, to get me out of it they bought me my very first Hand Caster which was blue and about 5 inches in diameter

I was ecstatic, as soon as I got home I grabbed some bread and ran off to my creek to try and catch something, that developed into me and all my friends spending almost every free moment fishing from out favourite spots on the creek.

I caught some monsters though, a 70+ cm Carp (my ruler only went to 70cm and I didn't think to use it to measure from the 70cm mark on) and an eel that was longer than I was!

But as most things go as a kid growing up we discover new things which take our interests like music, guitars and computers or get in the way, like school and girls and as a result fishing was forgotten about for the most part

I haven't gone fishing since I was a teenager of about 16 on our last family holiday in Queensland where I finally caught my first keeper Bream, Whiting and Flathead

I'm currently planning my first land based outing since then for this monday with a mate to wherever the fish might be active, if you know of any spots to target bream whiting or flatheads from shore and any tips feel free to let me know!

I don't have the best gear or much of it and I seem to have lost my old Shimano spinning combo, so I hit up the local 24 hour &&*&*& last monday at 2am when I couldn't sleep because I was too excited and picked up a cheap 6'6 Jarvis Walker spinning combo until I learn what kinda stuff I need to buy from all you experts so I don't waste my money!

I look forward to learning about fishing, gear and all the rest from all of you guys and hope to one day go fishing with you all!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, Gribble here signing in.

The story basically goes Ive been on and off as far as fishing goes for past few years, not for any reason in particular, its just that its always been something I did when i was really bored or just had some time to kill, i never went out of my way to go fishing but always enjoyed it when i did, even if i never caught anything its certainly better than watching television, unless the cricket is on of course.

Like most kids who grew up in the Western Suburbs, Carp and Eels in creeks and man made dams were the most common catch. Also when I visited my Grandfather down at Jervis Bay and went for flathead on the drift right smack bang in the middle of the Bay. If i can dredge up the photo of me when i was about 12 with a monster 75cm flattie (he was delicious) ill scan it and post it up somewhere. So fishing is in the veins of course.

Anyway, so now that im no longer studying every single goddam afternoon or busy on the weekends with parties and hangovers to attend to Ive found the extra time i was wasting to wet a line.

Im no expert by any measurements, in fact I would class myself as just beyond a beginner. Over the rest of this summer I intend to arm myself with the knowledge, some decent gear and hopefully a nice little boat if I can drum up a few spare grand somewhere. Something cheap and cheerfull of course, nothing over the top or thats going to be a money pit, if there is such a thing with boat ownership, I guess a man can be an optimist.

So once again, hello to everyone out there in fishraiderland! Looking forward to lots of reading, helpfull tips and of course some good catch.

Thanks for reading! :biggrin2:

• 1 month later...

Gday blokes and blokettes,

Tallman here, I live up the north shore

Been fishing quite productively for school jew on the hawkesbury in my tinny of late

landed one which went 9 kilo about a month ago on a live 30cm whiting

That was when chasing sharkies. Nice bycatch aye guys

Love reading the reports and might post one myself when I catch a fish worth bragging about

Cheers TM

• 2 weeks later...

hello fellow raiders my name is shady [thats my real name]married happily with 3 kids.been fishing for years now but only found the site this year.love the info,storys and replies.

i only fish off my boat,love it mainly the harbour and pittwater....................fish hard.

hello fellow raiders my name is shady [thats my real name]married happily with 3 kids.been fishing for years now but only found the site this year.love the info,storys and replies.

i only fish off my boat,love it mainly the harbour and pittwater....................fish hard.

:1welcomeani: to Fishraider Shady.

Looking forward to plenty of great reports from a fellow keen fisho. :thumbup:

Also, :1welcomeani: Tallman & Gribble. I'm looking forward to your input as well.

Cheers,

Grant.

• 2 weeks later...

:1welcomeani: to Fishraider Shady.

Looking forward to plenty of great reports from a fellow keen fisho. :thumbup:

Also, :1welcomeani: Tallman & Gribble. I'm looking forward to your input as well.

Cheers,

Grant.

G'day My name is Tim ,being fishing most of my 34years,married with 2 kids ,who always out outfish me! The spots i hit are the georges river ,garrie beach ,but have to say my alltime fav is Waddy Point ,Fraser Isalnd.

Love chasing the jewies on the rivers.

Cheers

G'day My name is Tim ,being fishing most of my 34years,married with 2 kids ,who always out outfish me! The spots i hit are the georges river ,garrie beach ,but have to say my alltime fav is Waddy Point ,Fraser Isalnd.

Love chasing the jewies on the rivers.

Cheers

1welcomeani.gif to Fishraider,Tim.

I will see you on the Georges some time real soon.

Cheers Swordfisherman

• 2 months later...

Hi, Im Mathew (Fester) been called Fester since I was a 15 year old apprentice, now 31, I live on mid north coast at Taree, been here coming up two years, live with my Girl friend, love my fishing, have a 17 foot glass boat with a 140 on it, big upgrade from my 12 foot tinny, been getting into the beach fishing up here with my inlaws, chasing jews and sharks, brother inlaw landed a 37 kilo cleaned jew off the beach at Crowdy, catch a few Bronze whalers and rays, loving it, any way, I look forward to doimg more reports from up here.

Hi, Im Mathew (Fester) been called Fester since I was a 15 year old apprentice, now 31, I live on mid north coast at Taree, been here coming up two years, live with my Girl friend, love my fishing, have a 17 foot glass boat with a 140 on it, big upgrade from my 12 foot tinny, been getting into the beach fishing up here with my inlaws, chasing jews and sharks, brother inlaw landed a 37 kilo cleaned jew off the beach at Crowdy, catch a few Bronze whalers and rays, loving it, any way, I look forward to doimg more reports from up here.

Thanks and welcome to fr Fester. Look forward to reading your reports :)

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

• 3 weeks later...

HI evryone, not sure if this is the correct section...

My name is Blake Pleming, I am 15 years old.. I am the youngest son of yarraone..

I attened my first social this week and learnt so much from everyone and had such a great day, that i have joined up and i am looking forward to meeting more of you and coming to the next social... :thumbup: