Allow Me To Introduce Myself

mrsswordfisherman

HI evryone, not sure if this is the correct section...

My name is Blake Pleming, I am 15 years old.. I am the youngest son of yarraone..

I attened my first social this week and learnt so much from everyone and had such a great day, that i have joined up and i am looking forward to meeting more of you and coming to the next social... thumbup.gif

Hi Blake - it was good to meet you yesterday and welcome to fishraider

Cheers mrsswordie

• 2 weeks later...

G'day folks, my name is Dan, been fishing since I could hold a rod, haven't stopped. Currently in Vic but moving up in march. I've alerady started researching the fishing I'm that keen!

Prefer to Game Fish, not much to chase in Vic but have taken some great SBT lately and a few nice Mako's back in Jan before the ban. Will be coming up with a boat ready to Game Fish but no crew. Will be living either Nth Beaches or maybe around Gosford so if you're without a boat but have some gear, keep me in mind.

Can't wait to join you all away from this wonderful winter weather.

G'day folks, my name is Dan, been fishing since I could hold a rod, haven't stopped. Currently in Vic but moving up in march. I've alerady started researching the fishing I'm that keen!

Prefer to Game Fish, not much to chase in Vic but have taken some great SBT lately and a few nice Mako's back in Jan before the ban. Will be coming up with a boat ready to Game Fish but no crew. Will be living either Nth Beaches or maybe around Gosford so if you're without a boat but have some gear, keep me in mind.

Can't wait to join you all away from this wonderful winter weather.

1welcomeani.gif to Fishraider,

Dan you will fit right in with us I am sure.

Cheers Stewy

• 3 months later...

G'Day all,

I'm not sure if this is the spot for it yet, I'm very green to this site. ButI jsut want to introduce myself. My name is Luke, I'm 27 and live in Mackay. Queensland. I love all sorts of fishing from the reef, to live baiting / luring for barra, jacks and flatty and my latest passion is catching whiting ande bream on poppers and small minnows. I am hooked on those little buggers. They thump in the shallows. I work with the Department of Environment and Resource Management as an aquatic ecologist which means i monitor frshwater fish populations. We use and electrofisher which zaps the water and temporarily stuns the fish, we measure and tag it and rlease it and then have to write reports on what we find and best management practices to preserve them. The biggest fish we have zapped is a 132cm barra.

Like i said, im not usre if this is where i need to put this post, but maybe someone can direct me. I'm also chasing a shimano stradic 2500. Just wondering if there is a selling area on this forum??

Cheers Luke

G'Day all,

I'm not sure if this is the spot for it yet, I'm very green to this site. ButI jsut want to introduce myself. My name is Luke, I'm 27 and live in Mackay. Queensland. I love all sorts of fishing from the reef, to live baiting / luring for barra, jacks and flatty and my latest passion is catching whiting ande bream on poppers and small minnows. I am hooked on those little buggers. They thump in the shallows. I work with the Department of Environment and Resource Management as an aquatic ecologist which means i monitor frshwater fish populations. We use and electrofisher which zaps the water and temporarily stuns the fish, we measure and tag it and rlease it and then have to write reports on what we find and best management practices to preserve them. The biggest fish we have zapped is a 132cm barra.

Like i said, im not usre if this is where i need to put this post, but maybe someone can direct me. I'm also chasing a shimano stradic 2500. Just wondering if there is a selling area on this forum??

Cheers Luke

:1welcomeani: Luke this is where the post needs to sit. Looking forward to your fishing posts

mrsswordfisherman

• 1 month later...

Hi all, thought I would start up this thread for members to get to know each other a little. We have had so many new members in the last few months and its interesting to know where we all come from.

I am mrsswordfisherman aka Donna and have the honour of being one of 2 female members on this site :diepig: . I am a moderator on this site and visit daily to read about the experiences of members. I am pushing 50 ( but sometimes act like a 20 yr old :smoke::beersmile::1yikes: ) and am the partner of swordfisherman aka Stewy.

I am a mother of 2 beautiful and smart daughters. A Registered Nurse involved with Nurse Education/OH&S, I enjoy trivia, fishing, the arts, 10 pin bowling and online card tournament directing and competing (cribbage, canasta, euchre etc.)

I have only been fishing for a year or two but I am learning real fast and have a great mentor in swordfisherman. My catches are not that notable but all caught on sp's. In fact I have never used live bait and have literally "grown up" on these plastic wonders. Best so far is a bass of 52 cms and a pb flattie of 56 cms. I enjoy reading the posts from members and learn something every day. We can be seen around the Sydney waterways in our teal coloured Polycraft boat, give us a wave if you see us.

Don't forget to fill in your member profile and send a personal message at any time if any problems.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

ADDIT: A few months after I posted the above in 2006 I became one of the 3 owners of fishraider.

I am the only female owner of a fishing website in Australia I believe. Now, 12 months on, there are now many, many more then 2 female members, women who like to fish and join in with their hubbys, sons, dads etc.... are now regular contributors to this site.

Our aim is to have the forum evolve into a place where women, young folk and men can share their fishing experiences from beginners to the more experienced. A website that is informative, educational and enjoyable with offline activity such as socials, workshops and lots more.

Contribute to fishraider, don't be shy and enjoy it

Hi, my name is Anthony, I'm 44 yrs old and I've been fishing since I was about 5 yrs old when I first fished for freshwater eels with my Grandfather. I like to fish estuaries, freshwater rivers and dams and occasionally rock and beach. Other hobbies include emptying longnecks...cheers!

Hi, my name is Anthony, I'm 44 yrs old and I've been fishing since I was about 5 yrs old when I first fished for freshwater eels with my Grandfather. I like to fish estuaries, freshwater rivers and dams and occasionally rock and beach. Other hobbies include emptying longnecks...cheers!

:1welcomeani: to Fishraider ,Anthony :biggrin2:

Regards Swordfisherman

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

My name is Stan i have just joined FishRaider. Just wanted to say hello and intro my self.

Ive been fishing all my life from the land,shore and everything in between lol in both fresh and saltwater and in many places over the world.

I own a boat a Formosa 5.20 Centre console and go fishing pretty much every weekend (when the missus is working)

Look forward to gaining and sharing so much more knowledge and sharing my passion for fishing with you all.

So enough about me lol i would love to hear about you all.

Cheers, Stan.

Hey All,

The name is Will.

Been Fishing on and off since I was in a pram.

My grandfather was an engineer on a fishing boat in Fiji. He would tell me stories about hand line fishing for fish the size of me (I was 12 at the time), he would show me the scars along his hands as proof :|.

He also would tell me the story of how the first ever fish I caught, I was in a pram and the fish almost pulled me into the water. It was a bream.

So Im 22, Working at the Uni, doing a PhD, making drugs (the good kind).

Live near liverpool.

I was wondering how does one find out about the social events on here?

Anyway, glad to be on board. Seems like a lot of really cool people are on here to help eachother out.

Will

Hey All,

The name is Will.

Been Fishing on and off since I was in a pram.

My grandfather was an engineer on a fishing boat in Fiji. He would tell me stories about hand line fishing for fish the size of me (I was 12 at the time), he would show me the scars along his hands as proof :|.

He also would tell me the story of how the first ever fish I caught, I was in a pram and the fish almost pulled me into the water. It was a bream.

So Im 22, Working at the Uni, doing a PhD, making drugs (the good kind).

Live near liverpool.

I was wondering how does one find out about the social events on here?

Anyway, glad to be on board. Seems like a lot of really cool people are on here to help eachother out.

Will

Welcome Will !!

When we have an event you will see it heavily advertised on here in posts, on the calendar and on the news feeds and announcements.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

hi all

my name is adam aka adams apple i am 17 years old and i am doing a landscaping appreniceship. i have been fishng for most of my life down at jervis bay. i am mostly trolling for kingies, tailor and squiding. some of my other hobbies are gardening and wood work. but any chance i get i hook up the boat and go down for a fish.

merry christmas & happy new year

Welcome Will !!

When we have an event you will see it heavily advertised on here in posts, on the calendar and on the news feeds and announcements.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Hey Mrs Swordsfisherman,

it seems a lot of the events involve boating.

I was wondering if we dont have a boat then can we not compete in the fun and games?

Thanks for being so welcoming :)

I would also be glad to help out on all the setting up and stuff during events.

Will

Hey Mrs Swordsfisherman,

I was wondering if we dont have a boat then can we not compete in the fun and games?

Will

Pleanty of fun and games for landbased anglers. We also organise for members to be taken out on boats too. Keep your eyes open and send me a pm if there is anything you wish to know :thumbup:

Well alot of you already know me as "yarraone" and have met me at the socials.. For those of you who i have met online or havent met as yet here I am..

I am 41 years old, from Bathurst and try to get to the salt water at least every 3 months as well as attending the socials.. i have added a photo of myself on my harley and my profile photo has a photo of my boat..I hope to meet more of you in the months to come.. :1fishing1:

post-6381-099557000 1292989663_thumb.jpg

Hey Mrs Swordsfisherman,

Will

Hey " Budzsta", I have gone to every social except one in the last 3 years and have had a ball.. so if you would like to come a board one day you are more than welcome

G'day guys and gals.

Only just joined,found this thread,thought i'd say hi!

My names Adam,i've lived and fished in the shire my whole life.As you tell from my username,i love my Bass,but i will fish the salt,if i have too :mad3:

anyways,cheer's everyone,look forward to talking all things fishing with ya's!

Adam.

G'day guys and gals.

Only just joined,found this thread,thought i'd say hi!

My names Adam,i've lived and fished in the shire my whole life.As you tell from my username,i love my Bass,but i will fish the salt,if i have too :mad3:

anyways,cheer's everyone,look forward to talking all things fishing with ya's!

Adam.

:1welcomeani: to the site Adam.

Plenty of Bass lovers here mate, you'll fit right in!!

Cheers,

Grant.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. My name is Brian aka EmptyHooks. I picked the nickname because most of my fishing time is spent rebaiting after it gets picked to death by minnows. Hoping to improve that!

I'm 44, work as a project manager in IT and live in Summer Hill. I grew up around boats and I've finally joined the ranks of proud boat owners. My partner has deluded herself into believing that buying the boat is the end of the expenses but I have several projects in mind to disabuse her of that notion :thumbup:

Most of my boating experience was around the Lower Hawkesbury and Pittwater, but I'm keen to explore any other patch of water I can find the time to get to.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and learning and contributing where I can!

Cheers

Hello everyone. My name is Brian aka EmptyHooks. I picked the nickname because most of my fishing time is spent rebaiting after it gets picked to death by minnows. Hoping to improve that!

I'm 44, work as a project manager in IT and live in Summer Hill. I grew up around boats and I've finally joined the ranks of proud boat owners. My partner has deluded herself into believing that buying the boat is the end of the expenses but I have several projects in mind to disabuse her of that notion :thumbup:

Most of my boating experience was around the Lower Hawkesbury and Pittwater, but I'm keen to explore any other patch of water I can find the time to get to.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and learning and contributing where I can!

Cheers

Welcome Brian to the friendliest fishing forum in Australia :thumbup:

WTG on the new boat. I am sure that fishing and boating will take you mind off work projects :biggrin2: COBIT processes and Prince2 get tiresome don't they

mrsswordie

Hi my name is Adam (Yes another Adam)

I am 36 and have been fishing for a few years now (got started/interested as a kid but was never really properly taught etc so I have been doing some fast learning over the last few years)... Mainly only shore fishing as I dont have a boat :mad3: but am hoping to rectify that when the Minister of Finance (wife) releases some money back my way!!!

Most of my previous shore fishing has been hooking up Bream, Flatties, Leather Jacket etc

I am trying to learn some new styles of fishing and thought this site would be a great place to meet some new ppl with different fishing experiences as well as pic up some great tips/info from the forums!

I am currently venturing into beach fishing (am actually heading out tommorrow morning early) hopefully I will have a successful report and some piccys for everyone tommorrow evening, though could be nasty as this will only be my 2nd attempt at Beach Fishing and my first use of my new Alvey reel and Beach rod setup that I bought the other day... (never used an Alvey before so it could be a humorous morning)

SO far the site has been an informative read and everyone seems really friendly so I am expecting to be a regular reader and hopefully contributer to the site.

Good Fishing All!!! :thumbup: